Profile for Beth Rivera > Reviews

Content by Beth Rivera

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Beth Rivera

Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
by Dolf de Roos
80 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, April 7 2002
I found this book to be helpful. I have 3 rental properties and am looking into getting more. De Roos' book helps you understand the factors that make for a better rate of return on your real estate investments. I've read a lot of real estate books, this one is pragmatic. I am now considering investing in commercial property. This book addresses going from residential to commercial real estate. DeRoos is a little too bold though when it comes to over-leveraging property. But it's good to see his perspective on mortgages, etc.

Drawing with Children
Drawing with Children
by Mona Brookes
Price: CDN$ 16.97
36 used & new from CDN$ 6.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for teachers & homeschoolers, Feb. 29 2000
This review is from: Drawing with Children (Paperback)
I decided to teach my children art (ages 5 & 7) during their X-mas break. This book served as the curriculum. It was excellent. I xeroxed the exercises (as instructed in the book), my kids were focused during the lessons. After a total of 6 hours of instruction... they are very good drawers. They have developed their spatial awareness, which was my aim. "Drawing with Children" and its 8 basic shapes methodology is excellent for anyone who wants to teach or learn art in a school or home environment. Especially if the teacher is not a practicing artist.

If It's Broken, You Can Fix It: Overcoming Dysfunction in the Workplace
If It's Broken, You Can Fix It: Overcoming Dysfunction in the Workplace
by Tom E. Jones
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for bosses too., Feb. 29 2000
I was given this author's first book 4 years ago when I started my corporation. I referenced it regularly as employee issues surfaced. His latest book, "If It's Broken, You Can Fix It : Overcoming Dysfunction in the Workplace" was a definite buy for me. Like always, Tom E. Jones adds practical insights into today's dysfunctional work situations... AND SOLUTIONS. This is a book for employees of all levels... including CEO's.