Profile for JT BELK > Reviews

Content by JT BELK

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

JT BELK (MISSION, KS United States)

Three Women (The Criterion Collection)
Three Women (The Criterion Collection)
DVD ~ Shelley Duvall
Price: CDN$ 34.39
20 used & new from CDN$ 28.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Altman At His Best!!!!!!!!!!, April 29 2004
It's been 17 years since the film appeared on the big screen and it's long over due for the film to hit the home market. Thank you Criterion Collection for selecting this classic as one of your children. Nothing prepared me for the Robert Altman commentary that accompanies the film. I didn't realize how much this film had affected my life and friends life. I loved Shelley Duvall's Millie but I didn't realize how close to the character I became. The commentary was like a two hour therapy session. They don't make films like this anymore. Altman called it a impressionistic painting with music. Wow! The production is top notch and the mural paintings and the music are erie adding tension to the dramatic nightmare. Shelley Duvall, Sissy Spacek and Jancie Rule are brilliant.

Trampin
Trampin
Offered by Musique du Faubourg
Price: CDN$ 14.99
17 used & new from CDN$ 1.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Lion And Lamb Unite, April 29 2004
This review is from: Trampin (Audio CD)
I'll never forget listening to Horses for the first. Now comes Trampin' and I'm having chills run up my spine. This selection of songs radiate with brilliance. Pulling from all different types of music and all different types of faith they swirl into a converging spiral leaving the mind buzzing with a new found energy to conquer the oppression of evil. This thematic piece surpasses Pink Floyd's The Wall or The Who's Tommy because instead of fiction it's fact. Like Woodward and Bernstein Patti has unearthed the evil of this world and like Martin Luther King she's ready to lead us into the free world. This album is not for the light hearted. It is as deep as the ocean with an abundant supply of hidden treasures waiting to be unearthed. It's hard to separate the songs for they all flow into each other like the patches in a quilt. Just remember to have an open mind and think about it. Bless you Patti Smith you've come into the light.