Profile for Alex > Reviews

Content by Alex

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Alex (Vancouver, BC)

Cultural Atlas of Mesopotamia and the Ancient Near East
Cultural Atlas of Mesopotamia and the Ancient Near East
by Roaf
7 used & new from CDN$ 55.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book!, Oct. 10 2011
I had to get this book for a class. As it's an older title, my school's bookstore had it as a custom book pack (so, it's a photocopied version of the book). I'm so glad I bought an actual copy of this book. It's coffee-table sized and full of coloured pictures, maps, charts... I'm definitely going to keep this book (maybe someday I'll have a coffee table to display it on, hah).

The Natural History of the Primates
The Natural History of the Primates
by J. R. Napier
23 used & new from CDN$ 2.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Primate Behaviour Class textbook, Oct. 10 2011
I had to get this for a class on primate behaviour. It's a super easy read, which, in the world of textbooks is fantastic. It has great colour pictures and black and white illustrations. The last section of the book has comprehensive listings of the primates. It's a great book.

Mockingjay: The Final Book of the Hunger Games
Mockingjay: The Final Book of the Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins
Price: CDN$ 14.43
155 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Real, not real?, Aug. 30 2010
It's just go go go from the beginning, it was so hard to put this book down. I read the Hunger Games and Catching Fire in the three days before the release of Mockingjay, and it was so worth staying up all night reading. Collins drags you along with Katniss and everyone else and she tells a well-written story. The entire book was an emotional roller coaster, but the ending was raw. It was really well done. I can't wait to reread the series.