Profile for V. Lukyniuk > Reviews

Content by V. Lukyniuk

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

V. Lukyniuk (Canada)

Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection (with Limited Edition Hardcover Book) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sean Connery
Offered by 1788hill
Price: CDN$ 188.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Bond 50 with 50 years of movie posters book, Oct. 17 2012
Context:
I had started to buy the previous collection of Bond films in blu-ray when they were originally released and was frustrated that the order of movies were not chronological and that the packaging, while I liked the leathery booklet feel of the volumes, was rather poor. Then when it stopped at volume 3. I was slightly disappointed that I could not complete the collection up to present day (or at least up to the last Pierce movie). When I saw that the Bond 50 was announced, I was happy to find out that most movies (all the canon one I guess) were part of this collection. I quickly sold my previous collection to people who were interested in acquiring these classics. And I pre-ordered this version of the collection. I like movie posters.

The packaging:
Great, I love it. Inside the box, you have two books and they split the movies from a certain date to another. Each book has a little picture of the "Bond girl" for that specific movie right next to the disc as well as some pictures on the page next to it. In the last book, they leave some room for Skyfall. The books are nice and heavy as well as glossy. I rather enjoy the look of it. Although it won't fit in a conventional DVD case. You'll have to display it proudly somewhere else. Or find a bookshelf with enough room.

The movies:
The classic movies have a nice sharp image, I believe it's the same remastered movie from the previous collection (the one that had 3 volumes in it). The audio for the old movies isn't very good but I imagine that must be a limitation from the source material. You'll often have loud sound effects while the voice track isn't as audible. I am basing this observation mostly on Dr.No.

The book:
It's a small book, it does have quite a few pages but I would have loved to have more full pages for posters. I would have also enjoyed to have larger pages. But all in all, it's a nice book and you get to see the poster style evolve through the ages.

Fresco FMP 104 - 6-Inch Granite Mortar and Pestle, Angled, Gray
Fresco FMP 104 - 6-Inch Granite Mortar and Pestle, Angled, Gray
Price: CDN$ 30.40
9 used & new from CDN$ 27.09

5.0 out of 5 stars great, quality product, May 21 2010
I absolutely love this Mortar & Pestle. I have never had one before and having one has really made my cooking a lot easier. I can now make my very own Toum! I plan to attempt to make my own Salad dressings and Pesto as well.

Final Fantasy XIII - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Final Fantasy XIII - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Price: CDN$ 19.99
58 used & new from CDN$ 10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, but the gameplay didn't really do it for me., April 10 2010
Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I enjoyed it, but the gameplay didn't really do it for me.
This is MY opinion of the game and I understand that a lot of you vocal people out there may disagree and that's entirely acceptable.
I played on PS3 as I wanted to get into the FFXIV beta, being a player of FFXI.

Pros:
Amazing cut scenes.
The Paradigm shifts are really interesting.
Sazh.
Leveling the gear is neat.
The tutorials are very indicative and do teach you the game play very well.

Cons:
You will spend a large portion of time watching cut scenes.
Maps aren't really that complex up until chapter 10. (Which is pretty much within the last chapters...)
You will feel that by confirming the auto-attack you may not be in the driver's seat.
Poor voice acting and plot for the most part. (It's almost like watching a soap opera)
Confusing names like L'Cie and Falcie. (It took me a while to understand this.)

I understand that SE will most likely never go back to the ways of FFVI but I truly wish they bettered their game play. I see nothing wrong with turn based!

Again, this is my opinion of the game. Feel free to post your own.

Halo Wars Limited Edition - Xbox 360
Halo Wars Limited Edition - Xbox 360
5 used & new from CDN$ 85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick blurb, April 6 2009
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Great game, Good cinematic. The RTS controls work, I don't feel too intimidated and everything is very streamlined. Massing vehicle units can lead to some bottlenecks at certain spots however. Looking forward to playing more.