Profile for Hermione > Reviews

Content by Hermione

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Hermione

Until the Night
Until the Night
8 used & new from CDN$ 14.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book, July 25 2013
This review is from: Until the Night (Paperback)
I got four of them for my husband after I heard another writer sing the praises of Giles Blunt.... as the Canadian version of Peter Robinson. Since Peter Robinson only puts out one book a year which takes my husband two days to read..... there is a long draught between helping Inspector Banks clear up another mystery...... so I ordered four of these books for him.
He thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the thinly veiled locations mentioned. for we lived tin Algonquin (?) Bay for 5 years.

Crime Machine
Crime Machine
13 used & new from CDN$ 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex resident of Algonquin (?) Bay., July 25 2013
This review is from: Crime Machine (Paperback)
Bought four of the books for my husband who devoured them, all four, in short order. As he read he would name locations mentioned all thinly veiled....which was a bit of a test for us..... seeing what we recalled from that chapter in our lifelong journey.

Heavy Duty Camera Camcorder Hand Strap for Nikon D90
Heavy Duty Camera Camcorder Hand Strap for Nikon D90
Offered by emaxland
Price: CDN$ 5.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 2.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Gadget, July 25 2013
Photographing and event, I carried my D90 plus heavy lens about for two hours, painlessly..... certainly not something I could do with the neck strap

The Delicate Storm
The Delicate Storm
5 used & new from CDN$ 9.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex Residents of Algonquin Bay..., July 25 2013
This review is from: The Delicate Storm (Paperback)
Bought 4 of these books for my husband, the who dun it fan... heard about, I might add by listening to Shealah Rogers interviewing another writer. She said something like, Blunt is the Canadian version of Peter Robinson. That is an extremely high rating in the eyes of my husband who doesn't just goggle up everthing printed about Inspector Banks, he keeps them to read again.

By the Time You Read This
By the Time You Read This
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex residents of Algonquin Bay....., July 25 2013
Bought 4 of them for my husband who enjoyed these books, especially because we lived in North Bay for 5 years... so we get a few smiles out of the thinly veiled locations mentioned in the book

Bad Boy
Bad Boy
by Peter Robinson
Price: CDN$ 14.43
12 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Boy, Jan. 14 2012
This review is from: Bad Boy (Paperback)
I didn't read it. My husband is a collector of Peter Robinson Books.... and he was delighted to see a new one. However, the one bought through Amazon was set to a friend who is rather isolated, and another Peter Robinson fan, so seeing as I wouldn't see her until late January, I ordered her the book through Amazon as a little Christmas gift.
She was delighted, and in fact, it did arrive before Christmas.... so that was great!.

Now if you are more interested in a book review. both of these Peter Robinson fans were delighted to get a new one.

The Parent Trap Movie Collection: The Parent Trap (1961) / The Parent Trap II (1986) (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Hayley Mills
Price: CDN$ 9.97
36 used & new from CDN$ 6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, July 13 2011
THere were two movies that stood out as special to our children because Mom let them stay up really late to watch them, Parent Trap and the Sound of Music. Some years later our youngest gifted me with all three (2nd version of Parent Trap as well). Alas, they were in VHS format and gone now. It wasn't easy to put those movies in the goodwill box, so when I saw I could replace PT 1-2 I had to have it. And yes, son has since given me the Sound of Music in Blue-ray. Life is good!