Profile for zarhasflower > Reviews

Content by zarhasflower

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

zarhasflower (Saskatchewan Canada)

How Psychic Are You?: 76 Techniques to Boost Your Innate Power
How Psychic Are You?: 76 Techniques to Boost Your Innate Power
by Julie Soskin
Price: CDN$ 15.16
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.29

1.0 out of 5 stars How Corny Is This Book?, Jan. 1 2005
I believe in a lot of the topics in the book and Julie Soskin did a nice job introducing every topic there is. It is nicely layed out, but VERY brief and corny. For example, one of the eight questions for Rating your pet's ESP is Does your dog howl or hide during a seance or other psychic happening? I was excited to go through this book, but ended up extremely disappointed. The worst part is I lost the receipt and can't take it back!

North to Cree Lake: The Rugged Lives of the Trappers Who Leave Civilization Behind
by A L Karras
9 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably awesome book!!!, Oct. 23 2003
I LOVED THIS BOOK,it was one of the few that I got upset over because it ended. I could of kept reading and found myself wanting more. Luckily he has another book that I will get my hands on. Being a Saskatchewan resident, I was familiar with alot of the lakes and towns that he lived and traveled. (Camping at several of the lakes he mentioned)
I enjoyed his writing style, decriptions and stories, which take place in the far north during the 1930's. I loved the fact that he went off memory and when he remembered no more about a paticular experiance, he moved on to the next memory. He just told it like it was. I felt like I could see everything through his eyes, feel the cold they endured, and the "pin drop" quiet of the north. I would highly recommend this book!

Stones from the River
Stones from the River
by Ursula Hegi
Price: CDN$ 14.43
188 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars One thumb up, the other down, Jan. 15 2003
This review is from: Stones from the River (Paperback)
I'm torn about this book, I enjoyed her writing style and parts of the story. It is a little depressing since the setting was in Germany during the World Wars. There were way too many characters, 38 to be exact, so I had a hard time keeping many of them straight. It was long and boring in places. What I really disliked was the ending, in short- "I don't get it?"

The Loop
The Loop
by Nicholas Evans
73 used & new from CDN$ 0.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book..., Jan. 15 2003
This review is from: The Loop (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book and may read other novels by Nicholas Evans in the future. It can be a little disturbing in places, especially if your an animal lover, but the characters and plot are well developed. Towards the end I didn't want to put it down. It's nothing like the "Horse Whisperer", which I didn't particularly care for.

Quentins
Quentins
by Maeve Binchy
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay.., Jan. 15 2003
This review is from: Quentins (Paperback)
This is the first book by Maeve Binchy that I have read. I really enjoyed the short stories within the main story, but didn't really care about the main characters or the story line. I enjoyed it for an easy read, I guess I should say it was "cute"!