Profile for Linda Jay > Reviews

Content by Linda Jay

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Linda Jay

Page: 1 | 2
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth
by Chris Hadfield
Price: CDN$ 16.00
28 used & new from CDN$ 3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my husband..., Dec 9 2013
My husband has enjoyed this book so much and plans to read it over and over. Chris Hatfield is an interesting and special man. Highly recommended!!

The Summer Queen (Eleanor of Aquitaine trilogy)
The Summer Queen (Eleanor of Aquitaine trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and interesting book!, Oct. 31 2013
Full of fantasy and the author's imaginings, but throughout the book is laced true history. This book hooked me to try to read all of Ms. Chadwick's books from now on.

Under the Aspens (The Aspen Series Book 1)
Under the Aspens (The Aspen Series Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried this book just to see..., Oct. 31 2013
I didn't like this book at all! I just do not know what else to say! Not recommended for anyone I know.

Looking for Jane
Looking for Jane
Price: CDN$ 4.14

3.0 out of 5 stars I Like this author, Oct. 31 2013
This review is from: Looking for Jane (Kindle Edition)
I have read some of Ms Coopey's books before and really enjoyed them. But this one wasn't up to her other books. I can't say exactly why, but it was not as enjoyable.

Far Away Home
Far Away Home
Price: CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book very much!, June 21 2013
This review is from: Far Away Home (Kindle Edition)
This book held my attention and was an interesting story about the pioneer days in the western US. I plan to read more by this author.

On the Cold Coasts
On the Cold Coasts
Price: CDN$ 5.43

1.0 out of 5 stars I did not like this book..., June 21 2013
It may be my fault for thinking it was another story, but the entire book had to do with a church and what goes on inside. When I thought the story would begin, it just continued in the same thread. I think I misunderstood what it was supposed to be about?

Home to the Nechako: The River and the Land
Home to the Nechako: The River and the Land
Price: CDN$ 8.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Filled with Information!, June 21 2013
I have lived near this river for 20 years and had no idea what had gone on regarding the use of the water. I am still reading this book and am appalled by the changes that were allowed to be made to this river all for the sake of one company. Read it, see if you agree.

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars I truly LOVE it!, June 21 2013
I owned another reader which was slow, confusing and hard to use... this one is just what I needed. Gave the old one to my husband.

Kindle North America Power Adapter (Not included with Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, or Kindle Touch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Adapter works..., June 21 2013
But I don't understand why it did not come with my Kindle. To have to purchase it separately was a bit annoying, but it works.

The House at Riverton: A Novel
The House at Riverton: A Novel
by Kate Morton
Price: CDN$ 13.71
168 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars House at Riverton by Kate Morton, May 17 2012
This is Ms. Morton's second book I read and even though it took me a long time to get "hooked" by it, as I did in Forgotten Garden, by the end I was truly hooked on her stories.

This one made me feel sad at the end and the end was a surprise to me. Beyond that it was once again a riveting story. A young girl works as a house maid in the house at Riverton and the story spans years of her memories from that time. The reader learns the old unspoken rule that in all houses of wealth, whatever is seen or heard is never ever spoken of to anyone. She has the privilege of working in the house with the owners, so through the years family experiences become secrets to be kept to oneself. Those are the rules of the house and for us as modern readers this can be frustrating to read about, but I knew why she kept secrets that should have been told.

Through the teenaged years, years of war, experiences that become secrets, the author moves the reader through to an ending that surprised me. I didn't see it coming.

I guess I have to read this one again... good thing I own all three of her books, Forgotten Garden, House at Riverton, and the Distant Hours.

I am now her biggest fan!

Page: 1 | 2