Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Fall Tools
Profile for L. Brubacher > Reviews

Content by L. Brubacher

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

L. Brubacher (Ontario)

Page: 1 | 2
The Rosie Effect
The Rosie Effect
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers CA
Price: CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and entertaining read!, Aug. 5 2015
This review is from: The Rosie Effect (Kindle Edition)
My husband and I both read this book within a week. I had been forewarned by a few friends that it wasn't equal to "The Rosie Project", and tried not to set myself up for disappointment. Much to my delight, however, I found "The Rosie Effect" every bit as entertaining and insightful as it's prequel. Both these books do a fantastic job of helping the reader see inside the mind of someone who is socially awkward (and aren't we all at times??!) I loved it from start to finish!

Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book
Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book
by Johanna Basford
Price: CDN$ 19.89
55 used & new from CDN$ 9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic, meticulously drawn and detailed, Aug. 5 2015
I can't believe I waited this long to take up colouring again! This book is fantastic, meticulously drawn and detailed. The perfect way to unwind when you're waiting for an appointment, sitting on a plane, spending an evening chatting with your kids, needing an alternative to reading or tv.... I highly recommend it as a way to be quiet with your mind.

Garmin Nuvi 265W Battery - Replacement for Garmin GPS Navigator Battery (1300mAh, 3.7V, Lithium Polymer)
Offered by Certified Battery
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars product looks great., April 9 2015
Fast delivery, product looks great.

By Graeme Simsion - The Rosie Project
By Graeme Simsion - The Rosie Project
by Graeme Simsion
9 used & new from CDN$ 17.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only is it funny, intelligent, Jan. 19 2015
This book was so entertaining, I finished it in a day! Not only is it funny, intelligent, quirky, and fast paced, it's also very educational in teaching the reader about people who don't quite fit in. I highly recommend it for everyone.

Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and L ead
by Brené Brown
Price: CDN$ 17.73
46 used & new from CDN$ 10.81

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, Oct. 16 2014
A very relevant book, one that everyone needs to read. I loved it!

Brida: A Novel
Brida: A Novel
by Paulo Coelho
Price: CDN$ 14.17
66 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars For as much as I've loved Coelho's books in the past, Oct. 16 2014
This review is from: Brida: A Novel (Paperback)
I gave up on this book because it got too ridiculously unbelievable. For as much as I've loved Coelho's books in the past, this one just didn't cut it for me.

The Artist's Way
The Artist's Way
by Julia Cameron
Price: CDN$ 16.23
68 used & new from CDN$ 8.48

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Do-it-Yourself Workshop, April 18 2014
This review is from: The Artist's Way (Paperback)
I loved doing this workshop because I could do it in the privacy of my own home, and when it suited my schedule. Julia Cameron raises some very provocative questions and gives excellent guidance on how to become unblocked. Even though I was doing the work for reasons other than becoming creatively unblocked, I found it extremely helpful in getting me to look at things I may otherwise not have encountered.
The only issue I have with her book is her constant reference to the word "God". There has to be a better way to address that when writing to an audience that embraces everyone, not just believers in God.
I nonetheless found it a very helpful tool in getting to take a more introspective look at myself. Highly recommended.

The Artist's Way Workbook
The Artist's Way Workbook
by Julia Cameron
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: CDN$ 17.99
35 used & new from CDN$ 12.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful tool, April 18 2014
This workbook is a must if you're planning on "doing" The Artist's Way. It makes all the homework so much easier. I can't imagine reading The Artist's Way without the workbook. There's lots of room for your answers, and it's easy to keep everything organized.

The Denial of Death
The Denial of Death
by Ernest Becker
Price: CDN$ 15.61
41 used & new from CDN$ 9.23

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of date..., Dec 18 2012
This review is from: The Denial of Death (Paperback)
I bought this book because Elizabeth Kuhbler Ross reviewed it with such a positive spin. I was anticipating a book that would help this generation approach death a little more openly, give us a bit more understanding as to how we can embrace this aspect of living as well. However, since it was written in 1973, the psychological information is very outdated. To be honest, I ended up skimming the largest part of the book because it was such dry reading. Not at all what I was expecting, and did not answer any of the questions I had hoped it might.
It does review and compare all the psychological views of the well-known psychologists like Freud, Jung, Rank, etc, etc, so if you're interested in a history lesson, go for it!

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
by Deborah Moggach
Price: CDN$ 13.73
114 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Nov. 5 2012
I highly recommend NOT reading this book if you're doing so because you loved the movie. It is NOTHING like the movie. Only a few names are the same, but the characters are entirely different. I saw the movie three times, then decided I'd like to read the book to get more details on some of the stories and characters. It was a total disappointment and I've thrown the book in the garbage.

Page: 1 | 2