Profile for Antonio Bell > Reviews

Content by Antonio Bell

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Antonio Bell

How to Read Music: Reading Music Made Simple
How to Read Music: Reading Music Made Simple
by Terry Burrows
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking To Put Your Music Notes, Dec 14 1999
This book assumes you learn to play an instrument without learnning to read music notation. It tries to match the note with the sound, and test you to see if you know the notes. You take each test using the CD. In order to use the CD correctly The author recommends a CD player that "searches tracks", not a CD that shows "time remaining". You can use a "time remaining CD to synchronize but it's not easy.

Piano Technique
Piano Technique
by Walter Gieseking
Price: CDN$ 9.02
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars For Advance Pianist, Dec 13 1999
This review is from: Piano Technique (Paperback)
The author of this book is expressing his method of piano playing or technique. "The present treatise explains the method of my piano playing, that is, what I consider to be the foundation of my pianistic technique". If you are an advance play or teacher you might find this 1932 book useful.

You Can Play Piano!
You Can Play Piano!
by Amy Appleby
Price: CDN$ 13.10
22 used & new from CDN$ 3.01

4.0 out of 5 stars There maybe hope?, Dec 13 1999
This review is from: You Can Play Piano! (Paperback)
I am learning both notation and piano playing from this book. Besides, having the music on the CD, the author includes help. She gives the sounds and instructions on how she wants you to play the material and how it should sound. Her explanation of 1-2-3-4, and 1 & 2 & 4. has helped me to play the eighth note. I hope by the time I finish this book I will do what she can be done with her book. I found a problem. The CD. Where do I put it? My solution was to place the CD in my portable CD player, used my second set of stereo computer speakers and place them on my Suzuki upright digital piano, where the unit is at arm's length. I find that, you need that set up.

by Willard A. Palmer
Price: CDN$ 10.76
35 used & new from CDN$ 4.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for me!, Dec 13 1999
I find you must of have the audio part with lesson part or this series. I called my local music store where I bought Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course : Lesson Book, Level one and wanted to get the audio part. I called my local music store where I bought the book, the person who spoke to me said they woul other the part and then call at the end of that week. No call. I think without the audio part you have to take lessons from some one. I don't won't to do that yet. One star maybe to much? .

by Willard A. Palmer
Price: CDN$ 10.76
35 used & new from CDN$ 4.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for me!, Dec 13 1999
I find you must of have the audio part with lesson part or this series. I called my local music store where I bought Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course : Lesson Book, Level one and wanted to get the audio part. I called my local music store where I bought the person who spoke to me said they woul other the part and then call at the end of that week. No call. I think without the audio part you have to take lessons from some one. I don't won't to do that yet. One star maybe to much? .

How to Play Piano: Everything You Need to Know to Play the Piano
How to Play Piano: Everything You Need to Know to Play the Piano
by Roger Evans
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for me!, Dec 13 1999
As a beginner, I find that I need a piano book that is multimedia in scope that is, a book that has text, graphics, and sound. This book lacks sound. I need sound. I am a beginner at the piano, I do not no all the tunes and notes in this book. The book has notes I feel I could learn if this book had sound along with the text and graphics. I also find the book is to fast for me. The book expects me to be using both hands to early, the notes, chords, tieds and tunes without the accompaniment of sound. Not good for me!

The Leschetizky Method: A Guide to Fine and Correct Piano Playing
The Leschetizky Method: A Guide to Fine and Correct Piano Playing
by Malwine Brée
Price: CDN$ 12.59
21 used & new from CDN$ 4.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Might not be for beginners!, Dec 13 1999
This book is full of notations that I think are for advance students in music education or for piano players looking improve their skills. Enlarging the front cover shows the type of notation and fingering that will be found. It's not obvious from the title of this book that this book might not be for beginners who are trying learn on their own.

How to Play Keyboards: Everything You Need to Know to Play Keyboards
How to Play Keyboards: Everything You Need to Know to Play Keyboards
by Roger Evans
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard Yes, Piano?, Dec 9 1999
One reviewer seem to think the book is useful to both piano and keyboard players, "playing piano or the keyboard isn't all fun and easy. But this book is a good place to start". I found to many pieces in the book are for instruments found only on keyboards. I also had a hard time keeping "Mary had a little lamb" out of my head when I was practising "Merrily" the first assignment in the book. However, I liked the books' philosophy on learning to play an instrument, and also how its' treatment of music notation. I found the notation in this book fill in gaps left out in many other books. I'm not a keyboard player so I don't how this book will be for them. I know that, as beginner piano player that this book will not fit my needs.

Ready-To-Use Music Activities Kit
Ready-To-Use Music Activities Kit
by Audrey J. Adair
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: CDN$ 35.14
31 used & new from CDN$ 22.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Why can't I use it?, Dec 9 1999
As a beginner at the piano I thought this book could help me, since it is a "teaching" book. After getting part way thought this "thick" spiral bound book I found things in the book went beyond the beginners' understanding. Beginners can gain something from the book if they use it as a suppliment to a more basic book. It is not for beginners trying to learn on their own.