Profile for Maglev > Reviews

Content by Maglev

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Maglev

The Boy and the Crow
The Boy and the Crow
by Brendan Walsh
Price: CDN$ 14.21
10 used & new from CDN$ 7.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart-gripping easy-to-read and enjoyable book! Don't miss..., Sept. 24 2013
This review is from: The Boy and the Crow (Paperback)
Reading the Boy and the Crow has made me discover the other facet of a wonderful teacher and communicator “Brendan Walsh”. I have not only enjoyed learning from him as a teacher in my “Networking and Communication Skills” class, but I have also learnt a whole lot of him as a fantastic and talented writer, who has succeeded in this book to “Communicate” to us his humane and imaginative mind, through a very rich yet easy-to-read vocabulary.

This book was a very good read and much entertaining. Prior to reading the book, I used to dislike the voice of a crow. We have always learnt when young about the remarkable intelligence of the “crow” as a group! Now by reading this book, you will get to learn about the humane side of him as well.

Embark on this new adventure and do not hesitate! The crow’s sound “Caw Caw Caw’ will echo in your ear and mind as of then, and as it has been commented earlier, you will never look at the crow the same way again!

Congratulations Brendan! Looking forward reading your next one!

Wafaa Chebaro

BlackBerry Playbook Convertible Case
BlackBerry Playbook Convertible Case
Offered by Hot Deals
Price: CDN$ 29.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant but ..., Feb. 8 2012
It is a nice and elegant case. I had it for the 2 weeks now.
Pros:
-Playbook Fits perfectly inside the case
-Excellent protection to the different sides while offering access to the port at the bottom and the Camera on the back.
-Moulded around the power and the volume buttons
-Fold easily into a stand position at 2 different angles

Cons:
-Slightly add some weight to the Playbook
-Turn in the Pbook On and Off is not access friendly at all ( I guess it has to do with the Playbook Power button design and not only the case button)
-You need to keep it open in order to charge the Playbook. They should have thought about making a direct access to the charging port
-I find it overpriced despite that you can get it slightly cheaper from Amazon.

HDMI to HDMI Type D Micro Cable 1.4, 6 FT / 1.8 M
HDMI to HDMI Type D Micro Cable 1.4, 6 FT / 1.8 M
Offered by Fast Retailing
Price: CDN$ 3.17
15 used & new from CDN$ 1.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Playbook cables, Feb. 8 2012
I did not have the chance yet to extensively use the cable, but for the price I paid, it is an excellent deal. Tried them on both HDTV and on Epson Multimedia Projector with an HDMI port. Image is crystal clear in both movies and photos ( Playbook to TV) and in Power Point presentation (Playbook to Epson Projector). I highly recommend this cable.