Profile for Rene > Reviews

Content by Rene

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rene

Whynter ARC-12S 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner, Platinum
Whynter ARC-12S 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner, Platinum
Price: CDN$ 454.25
2 used & new from CDN$ 454.25

5.0 out of 5 stars It past the ultimate test, July 5 2014
Well it past the ultimate test. I purchased this unit in the winter because it was on sale. I was quite skeptic about the patented auto drain technology of this unit as with most portable air conditioning unit (I did own two over the past 14 years) you must empty the container of accumulated water every 5 hours on very hot summer days. The past week we suffered from very hot and humid days (40 degrees Celsius on some days (104 Fahrenheit)) and although the unit was on 24 hours/day for 6 days, I never once had to empty or drain it. My place is roughly 600sf and on the hottest days, it felt comfortable throughout the apartment. I wouldn't do jumping jacks in the leaving room but it was quite comfortable to cook, eat and watch TV. As for the noise level, the unit sits in the living room and I could easily watch TV or listen to the radio without any problems. The only downside (if I can really call it downside) is it doesn't have an energy saver option to shutoff the unit completely when the temperature has been obtained, the fan continues on without cooling. Over all, for anyone who needs a portable unit, I highly recommend the Whynter ARC-12S and for those like me who ware skeptic about the "auto drain", believe it, it is just amazing. I am 101% satisfied with my purchase, I just hope it makes it through many summers!

Six Feet Under: The Complete Series
Six Feet Under: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 120.97
17 used & new from CDN$ 114.97

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the first and still one of the best HBO series, June 28 2014
Don't let the title fool you, this is at the same time a heartwarming drama series with its own touch of comedy, pretty much all the main actors can be seen in today's shows and series, that's how good they are, when you're good you're good.

Ivation Wireless Letter Illuminated Large Print Full Size Multimedia Computer Keyboard - Advanced 2.4 GHz Wireless Technology Works Up To 33 Feet Away - Gentle, Crisp & Clear Blue LED Lights Illuminate Each Key with Adjustable Brightness
Offered by Canadian Shoppe
Price: CDN$ 34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the product and the service was exceptional, June 24 2014
I use my laptop on my TV screen in the living room so often the lighting is dim so this keyboard is just amazing, I rec'd it in a record time, 7 days prior to the expected date, now that is service. I would recommend this item and the seller.

Pet Gear I-Go2 Escort Roller Backpack for Cats and Dogs up to 15-Pounds, Copper
Pet Gear I-Go2 Escort Roller Backpack for Cats and Dogs up to 15-Pounds, Copper
Price: CDN$ 66.85
2 used & new from CDN$ 66.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed at all., June 2 2014
I took some time to write this review because I never had to use the bag until just recently. I purchased this to carry my 10 lbs cat and I was very disappointed about the actual size of the bag. They mention up to 15 lbs but that is ridiculous. My cat looks like she's suffocating in there. I'll only use it in case of real emergency. If you have a very small cat it should be okay but anything above 7-8 lbs I would not consider it.

Anker® 4400mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III GT-I9300, T999(T-Mobile), I747(AT&T), I535(Verizon), R530(U.S. Cellular), L710(Sprint), fits EB-L1G6LLU, with NFC/Google Wallet + White Cover [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: CDN$ 49.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING !, March 20 2014
This is the best Tech purchase I've made since... well, my S3 phone :-) Granted the phone is bulkier but it makes it feel strudier when I hold it. I can go easily 2 days without a charge, and I listen to music 1-2 hours a day going and coming from work on the bus, I surf the net and play games, without even getting close to a dead battery. I may have brought it down to 15% once over the course of 2 days but aside that excellent. I would recommend this battery to anyone who can't make a day without a charge. If you are fascinated by the "slimness" of your phone I don't recommend it and forget about any extra covers, they won't fit. The case it comes with is sleek and looks great. I love my S3 and enjoy the new battery, the new "size" and the amazing duration of the new battery, all worth it.

Update June 2nd 2014.
I had a problem with the battery, contacted the seller through Amazon and explained the problem and within 48 hours I'm told a replacement will arrive to me N/C. Just got it today. This is excellent service.

Aroma ARC-914SBD 8-Cup, Cooked Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Aroma ARC-914SBD 8-Cup, Cooked Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Price: CDN$ 29.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I now LOVE eating Rice, March 20 2014
I've never been a real rice lover, I thought it to be too much trouble on the stove and the taste wasn't all what I expected. I was convinced to try a rice cooker and that I wold see a significant difference. OMG, pour the rice in the container, add water or broth as indicated, close the cover and wait for the "BEEP" to savor the best rice ever. I can't believe I missed out on having great tasting rice so easily, Basmati rice comes out heavenly. What's great is that you start the cooker and no worries until it's done, you can prepare the rest of your meal without any worries of checking if there is enough water or if the rice is sticking. Rice lovers, you need this cooker, for everyone else... there's stove top!

Friends: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Friends: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Various
Offered by Deal Beat
Price: CDN$ 174.99
30 used & new from CDN$ 169.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye bye letter Box format for my Friends, Dec 30 2013
I purchased this back in the summer at a great price and loved to finally enjoy one of my favorite TV shows in widescreen and crystal clear quality. Enough that when Amazon dropped the price even more for one day only, I took the opportunity to buy my niece the Series for Christmas, she loves it. Worth every penny.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to its reputation, Feb. 22 2012
This product looses all quality of sound if not used in a quiet environment. I can't enjoy the quality sound that has made Bose who they are today when listening to music on the streets, walking amongst crowds or at the Gym working out, the faintest sound around is heard thus making this ear set item not worth it. I've inquired with Bose directly and their replies we're not very useful other than saying this item is NOT "noise cancelling". I do not recommend this item to anyone, if you want to enjoy the Bose quality I suggest ear sets that go over the ears, for "on the move" enjoyment I suggest Sony or Panasonic "in ear" sets.

Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
3 used & new from CDN$ 219.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Overly Excited, Jan. 30 2012
I gave myself this gift for Christmas, I didn't really need it, I just wanted to spoil myself, just once and at 169$ I figured why not. It turns out to be one of the best gifts I ever "received". It's so easy to configure and use, the screen is crystal clear, it runs extremely well and the best of all, the setttings are Identical to my android phone, Samsung Nexus S (Which I just ADORE), Google you rock. It's not an Apple product, but to be quite honest, for 400$ less than the Ipad, the Le Pan has no need to feel in any way out of the market and with android platform taking more and more room on the market, I think I got the deal of the century. If you want a Tablet that will do all that it should and then some, the Le Pan can and will surely do it.

Targus THZ07202US Truss Case/Stand for HP TouchPad (Black/Gray) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from CDN$ 94.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Job, Jan. 6 2012
Having bought a Le Pan TC 970 over the holidays, I hesitated to purchase this item as it is for the HP tablet but after reading a review on this site mentionning it would fit my tablet I made the purchase. Received it the next day of my order (That was super fast) and it fits well and is perfect for what It is intended for which is protect my tablet and make it stand for easy reading and functionability. Would recommend this for any owner of the Le Pan TC 970 tablet.