Profile for beautiti18 > Reviews

Content by beautiti18

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"beautiti18" (Atherton, California)

Spontaneous Healing: How to Discover and Enhance: Your Body's Natural Ability to Maintain and Heal Itself
by Andrew Weil M.D.
80 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Phenomenal Book to Starting a Healthy Life, April 29 2003
Being a current college student I face various abuses in my life such as alcohol consumption, smoking and stress. I wanted a book that would give me a natural way to repair my body and at the same time change my bad lifestyle. Spontaneous Healing: Discover and Enhance Your Body's Natural Ability To Maintain and Heal Itself by Andrew Weil M.D., provides its readers with vital information to promote healing internally and externally. It is through natural alternatives, methods and remedies that keep the body consistently healthy or eradicating diseases from the body without harming the balance of it. Andrew Weil who exposes the reader to alternative methods that the conventional medical community has diagnosed without success. Everyone should know the various options available to them and the book is a phenomenal guide in exposing its readers to the natural way to a healthy life.
Andrew Weil M.D has compiled various testimonials from his associates, clients and friends and listed the various illnesses that people have suffered and the success they went through by changing their lifestyle and not accepting the negative end that the conventional medicine has placed upon them. The story that made an impact on me was the story of Mark M. He is a man infected with AIDS virus and was projected to die in two years yet he defied the doctors prognosis by following his instinct by changing his diet and lifestyle. Mark M. is an example of a man that took matters in his own hands. This made an impact to me because sometimes you have to be proactive in you health and never settle with one prognosis. Always remember that this is you life and that one should knows what works for them.
The book has given me an insight to find a center in my life. It has given me tips on ways of dealing with stress and one step at a time guide to gradually having a healthy diet. Cleansing both my internal and mental mind made my body more holistic and healthy. It made me more aware of the various factors that can affect one's body in a negative way like stress and pollutants. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to have a healthy life from now on and in the future.