Profile for BADASSGIRLHEAD > Reviews

Content by BADASSGIRLHEAD

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

BADASSGIRLHEAD (Chicago,IL,USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ring Lord, April 28 2004
Lord of the Rings, will more then likely be remembered as the first classic movie, of the 21st century.
No wonder why it took so long for this beautiful trilogy coming to life on the screen.
With all of the special effects that they use, it is not very hard to understand why they waited so long to do a live action trilogy sequel. These wonderful actors, writers, costume, set designers, and so many more people who I can not think of. Deserve so much more then awards and speeches.
They have brought to life one of the most beloved stories in the world, and with beyond any ones expectation.
Now I am sure no one will ever for get the story of Frodo Baggins and the Ring.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Widescreen)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Matthew Broderick
Offered by urbansound
Price: CDN$ 9.98
27 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferris Day, April 28 2004
This is the movie that covers that one day you would love to skip school. Ferris takes a day off a school and makes every one believe that he is horribly ill. He takes with him his girl friend and his best friend through an insane one day adventure breaking all of the rules.
Humorous one liners and some great moments in this movie.

The Breakfast Club (Widescreen)
The Breakfast Club (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Emilio Estevez
Price: CDN$ 13.99
27 used & new from CDN$ 2.21

5.0 out of 5 stars High School, April 28 2004
I love this movie. It's great because it takes the all too familiar cliché archetypes that people face. More then likely you can fine a character to relate to because the movie has high school figured out really good.
It's not one of those movies that glamorizes high school and the teenage years.
While it does make fun of it, there is a strange serious side to clichés, and trying to break those boundaries.
Awesome movie to watch, no matter how many times you have seen it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ring Lord, April 28 2004
So much has been said about the Lord of the Ring movie trilogy and the books as well.
The series deserves all of the praises that it has gotten the few years it has hit box office. I can understand why it took so long to wait to make it a movie series. They just honestly never really had the right technology out until a few years ago.
There isn't really that much that I am disappointed about the series. Except for the fact that it is very long ( as are the books, ) and that they coped up some important information in the films.
I do think it would be wise to read the books ( as well as the Hobbit. ) To fully understand the story of the ring and Bilby Baggis for that matter.
Honestly though the picked out the best actors and actresses for the film. The music and sets are superb for the series.
The Lord of the Ring movie trilogy will more then likely be the first classic movie series of the 21st century. It is better then the movie TITANIC because you don't forget it. It's not like that movie at all because you wouldn't mind seeing it again even after seeing it in the theaters.
All though there are some mixed view points on how well the series was made compared to the books now. I really think they did an awesome job. I don't think that any one else could have made a better attempt bringing this classic to screen.

A Wrinkle in Time
A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L'Engle
169 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimaginative, April 28 2004
This review is from: A Wrinkle in Time (Paperback)
I am pronely the only person in the world, who does not like this book. I found it very boring and the characters un real. The writer did not hold my interest. I got the entire set of this series when I was a kid and was very disappointed with it.

Last Herald Mage Trilogy #1 Magics Pawn
Last Herald Mage Trilogy #1 Magics Pawn
by Mercedes Lackey
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.54
75 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars RIch Characters And Story Line But Falls Flat...., April 28 2004
I do not usually red books written by this author, and this rating is based on the entire series. I like the first two books, but the third got boring and the themes were the same after a while.
However, the first two books I very much well like. I enjoy the fact the main character is homosexual but the writer doesn't let that part of his characteristics over power the rest of the story.
The characters in the first two books of this series are very real and well thought out. However, I disliked the third book because it was so much like the second one.
I almost wish that I had not read the third one but oh well, you can't make every book great all the time.
However, I thought this was a good series all and all. I would recommended it to some one who wants something a little different but be weary of the last book in the trilogy.

Le Morte D'Arthur
Le Morte D'Arthur
by Thomas Malory
17 used & new from CDN$ 24.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beloved Legend That Is Now Collected Wonderfully, April 28 2004
This review is from: Le Morte D'Arthur (Paperback)
This is such a beautiful book to own. This really is the definitive King Arthur novel, honestly I wouldn't pick up any other version of the story, but this.
Hundreds of books have been written about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, but this is just a must have.
Beautiful illustrations and in original fourm.

Friends: The First Six Seasons [Import]
Friends: The First Six Seasons [Import]
DVD ~ Jennifer Aniston
Offered by BuyCDNow Canada
Price: CDN$ 135.34
7 used & new from CDN$ 127.40

3.0 out of 5 stars FRIENDS, April 27 2004
This is my most favorite sitcom. I do not usually like comedy but this one suits me very well. I can see why some people wouldn't like it. However, it fits my personality very well.
In a way Monica, Rachel, Phoebe ( the girls. ) Ross, Chandler, and Joe ( the guys. ) Have a yin and yang relationship to each other.
Some times the story lines do get dull and they really are dragged out. However, on a whole this is one of my favorite series.
Really good comedy for most of the seasons.

Snow White: The Fairest of Them All (Full Screen) [Import]
Snow White: The Fairest of Them All (Full Screen) [Import]
DVD ~ Miranda Richardson
Offered by vidco
Price: CDN$ 12.95
10 used & new from CDN$ 3.96

1.0 out of 5 stars No Beauties Here, April 26 2004
This is a really bad attempt at retelling the Story of Snow White.
I was one of those poor souls who saw it on tv when it first aired. I am still surprised that they have it available on DVD.
There is nothing magical about the film. The plot line is week and the acting is worse.

Slayer: An Expanded and Updated Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to Buffy the Vampire Slayer
by Keith Topping
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Slayer and Her Scoobies, April 26 2004
This really is a very good book and it's a shame that it's so hard to find. There is so much covered in this book about Buffy. Ever since Buffy has ended a few years ago. It seems like more people are interested in it then ever.
There are a few resources books out there that really can explain the series well.
This is one of them.
One of the things I found hard about this one though was that it was rather long and ongoing.
However, if you can get past that I think you'll enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4