Profile for sahsan > Reviews

Content by sahsan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sahsan

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Offered by EntertainmentForLess
Price: CDN$ 18.69
5 used & new from CDN$ 9.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun - some issues, Dec 16 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I started playing Civilization 2 many years back and I still think that was the best game of this series. Each subsequent upgrade has actually made it less enjoyable.
Civilization 4 is a fun game but there are some issues.
The cursor is not visible all the time, it flashes occasionally and you have to guess where it is from those flashes.
I would like to be able to zoom out a bit to see a larger landscape but somehow I have not been able to figure it out.
I also don't like the city screens. In trying to jazz them up they have made them difficult to understand.
In the last civilization there were many screens that you could open to see different city statuses - like the number of happy/ unhappy people in each city, the number of military supported by each city and units present, etc. I have not been able to figure that out if such options exist in the new civilization.
All in all, it is a fun and addictive game but these problems are very frustrating.
I really wish the programmers would release their old version for new Windows platforms as I would just stick to that.

The Peacock Throne: The Drama of Mogul India.
The Peacock Throne: The Drama of Mogul India.
by Waldemar. Hansen
17 used & new from CDN$ 8.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, excellent condition, timely delivery, Nov. 14 2011
I love this book, it is one of my all time favourites! A few years ago, a friend lent it to me to read and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It is a historical book but the stories are stranger than fiction. Recently I bought it through Amazon and am enjoying reading it again. I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in history and/ or South Asia.

The Qur'an: English translation with parallel Arabic text
The Qur'an: English translation with parallel Arabic text
by M. A. S. Abdel Haleem
Price: CDN$ 32.73
33 used & new from CDN$ 25.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Sept. 27 2011
I already had the Quran Translation by M.A.S Haleem, which I found superb and also gifted to friends and family. I have recently bought this version which includes Arabic text along side the translation. I am very happy with my purchase. Haleem has done an excellent job of translating the Quran in a simple way with notes for further information, cross-references etc. I recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn more about Islam.