Profile for John Candy > Reviews

Content by John Candy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

John Candy (Silver Spring, MD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Ultimate Collection
Ultimate Collection
Price: CDN$ 14.79
28 used & new from CDN$ 6.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not "The Ultimate.", May 21 2004
This review is from: Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
I love The Commodores and this is one awesome collection of songs. They left the full album versions of "Sweet Love" (my favorite Commodores song) and "Zoom." But where is "Sail On?" Where is "Jesus is Love?" The were both huge hits for The Commodores and I can't consider this "Ultimate" with the absence of these songs. I have them on vinyl but, unfortunately, I don't have (and can't afford) a turntable right now. Still this is a good disc and I would consider it a must own.

Greatest Hits 1971-1975
Greatest Hits 1971-1975
Price: CDN$ 12.00
44 used & new from CDN$ 1.77

2.0 out of 5 stars The most over rated greatest hits collection?, May 20 2004
This review is from: Greatest Hits 1971-1975 (Audio CD)
I'm sorry, but in my opinion, The Eagles were mediocre until Joe Walsh joined the band. "Hotel California" is and always will be their best work and easily deserves five stars, but this is a boring collection of dull songs. Why even buy it? Gee whiz, just turn on your favorite classic rock radio station and within several hours, it's likely that you will hear most of these songs. Classic rock radio is over rated,too, but that's going off the subject. Unless you love early Eagles, save your money or spend it on "Hotel California" (5 stars) "The Long Run" (4 stars) or "Eagles live" (4 stars but a must own for "Seven Bridges Road.")

Sloppy Seconds
Sloppy Seconds
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 33.95
8 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic., May 20 2004
This review is from: Sloppy Seconds (Audio CD)
This is another one of my top twenty favorites. I love every song on the original album. The dirty bonus track just doesn't do it for me, but for this review I'll just pretend it doesn't exist and give this cd five stars. Another must own for classic rock fans.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Price: CDN$ 5.00
32 used & new from CDN$ 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Sabbath album, May 20 2004
This review is from: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Audio CD)
My two favorite Sabbath songs are on this disc. "A National Acrobat" and "Sabbra Cadabra" are amazing hard rock songs that could stand up against anything else in the genre. The rest of this disc rocks, too, there isn't a bum in the lot. This is a must own not only for hard rock/heavy metal fans but for any classic rock fan as well.

Little Criminals
Little Criminals
Offered by BonnieScotland
Price: CDN$ 5.93
25 used & new from CDN$ 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a winner in my book, May 20 2004
This review is from: Little Criminals (Audio CD)
This album is in my top twenty favorites. Every single song is a classic in it's own way. This is another disc that should be included in any classic rock fan's library. Highly recommended and a deserving five stars for "Little Criminals."

Buena Vista Social Club
Buena Vista Social Club
Price: CDN$ 14.91
43 used & new from CDN$ 6.19

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this cd., May 20 2004
This review is from: Buena Vista Social Club (Audio CD)
I saw the video on PBS a couple of years ago. I was instantly hooked. I don't speak Spanish but like other reviewers have said, music is a universal language, and the beauty of this music proves that. I highly recommend this cd as a must own.

All Around The Town
All Around The Town
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 46.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 41.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Must own for piano/keyboard enthusiasts., May 19 2004
This review is from: All Around The Town (Audio CD)
I have just recently been introduced to Bob James' music. Of course I was familiar with "Angela" the theme from Taxi, but I never knew who it was. What a great album! I love every second of it and I highly recommend owning this. Such a great piano player. I look forward to discovering more music by this brilliant artist. Five stars for this one.

Skeletons from the Closet
Skeletons from the Closet
Offered by BonnieScotland
Price: CDN$ 5.93
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, May 19 2004
The only reason to buy this- a cheap way to get the studio version of "Mexicali Blues." That's all I have to say.

True Romance (2-Disc Special Edition) (Unrated Director's Cut)
True Romance (2-Disc Special Edition) (Unrated Director's Cut)
DVD ~ Christian Slater
Price: CDN$ 19.99
41 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie-three stars, May 19 2004
I watch this one every few months and I never get tired of it. One hell of a ride, with some funny lines thrown in. Also the dialogue between Walken and Hopper is UNFORGETTABLE. Highly recommended, though, if you are sensitive to graphic violence, rent it first, it's quite bloody.

Desire (Rm)
Desire (Rm)

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite '70s Dylan album, May 19 2004
This review is from: Desire (Rm) (Audio CD)
I would have given this disc five stars if not for "Joey." This may be his worst song ever. The rest of this disc is incredible, I love the harmonies with Emmylou Harris, and the violin makes these songs so beautiful. I also can't understand why "Mozambique" wasn't a pop hit. This is a must own cd, not my favorite by Dylan, but worthy of four stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10