biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Frances > Reviews

Content by Frances

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Frances (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Tell Me Your Dreams
Tell Me Your Dreams
Price: CDN$ 9.00
83 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick , light and easy read, Feb. 9 2016
His style of writing is fast paced, does not dwell on one subject or scene for pages at a time (which some authors do) He gives enough of a picture of the person then moves on to the next scene, by the end his books sometimes I wish he would put in a few more words into it, they are that addictive. His characters can be nasty, you love to hate them and are glad of the twist of fate that ends up for some... Had I started reading his books sooner, I may not have been able to take other authors seriously

Morning, Noon & Night
Morning, Noon & Night
Price: CDN$ 9.00
74 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars his books are all too easy to read: Don't want to put them down and sad to be finished, Jan. 24 2016
They are fast paced, the characters are realistic and some very easy to dislike! There is no way to tell exactly how the book is going ot end. Normally, I like to read the last couple of pages first to see which characters are left at the end, but not so much with Sidney Sheldon - his books are fast moving, entertaining and keeps me interested the whole way from the first page. right when you get rolling with one character, he draws upon another, does not get stuck on any one topic for too long (some authors get cumbersome with their words). Sidney Sheldon is one of the finest. Am happy that I learned of his books after reading other authors, I may have found it hard to get into other styles of writing had I stared my reading binges with Sindey first!

Nothing Lasts Forever
Nothing Lasts Forever
Price: CDN$ 9.49
79 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Silky smooth read, Jan. 14 2016
Love his writing method and wish I had read his novels years ago, though I might not have wanted to read any other authors had I started with his books first. Wilbur Smith and Ken Follet write graphic novels, well worded, but sometimes you just want to say GET ON WITH IT. NOT SO with Sidney Sheldons books - they are fast paced, gives just enough detail but without bogging down the storyline. He actually leaves me wishing he had put a few more pages into each book and wanting to pick up another of his books! His characters are interesting, have been through the test of time, and some are so easy to hate . . .

BIC Cristal Ball Pens Stick, Black, Medium Point, Dozen Box
BIC Cristal Ball Pens Stick, Black, Medium Point, Dozen Box
Price: CDN$ 3.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pens, Nov. 17 2015
great add on purchase to get it over the $ for free shipping

Kingston Digital 64GB 100 G3 USB 3.0 Data Traveler (DT100G3/64GB)
Kingston Digital 64GB 100 G3 USB 3.0 Data Traveler (DT100G3/64GB)
Offered by Newseed
Price: CDN$ 29.99
35 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars let me retract last satement, Nov. 17 2015
have had notthing but problems with this stick - usb port see it but files go missing and sometimes I can't get into it

Cambridge Limited 66369 Small Writing Pads, Perforated, 5x8-Inch, 50-Sheets, 3/Pack, Canary
Price: CDN$ 4.27
3 used & new from CDN$ 4.27

5.0 out of 5 stars great add on for orders to reach the free shipping quota, Nov. 17 2015
compact writing tablets but not too small. lots of paper per pad

Taxi: The Complete Series
Taxi: The Complete Series
Price: CDN$ 51.97
2 used & new from CDN$ 51.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely timeless, Classic Comedy at its best! Has held the test of time, Nov. 17 2015
This review is from: Taxi: The Complete Series (DVD)
As good now as it was then. I obviously preferred mature comedy since I was 17 when it aired and loved it then, and unfortunately did not get to watch every episode the last couple of seasons since I started working full time afternoons. Am happy that I got to catch up now, since the last couple of seasons got better - LOVE Christopher Lloyd, his character and the way he acted the part. Danny Devitto was my second favorite character. He plays a sinister person very well whenever he plays that part. Will be watching Ruthless People for the first time since seing he was in it.
This show was directed to adults, which I loved. Even as a young teenager I preferred adult comedywith mature storylines and shows directed toward grown up comedy and mature storylines such as Mary Tyler Moore, the Dick Van Dyke show, MASH, Soap, Benson and such. Never liked shows that was directed to kid, youth or family comedy (like the partridge family, gilligans island,.the brady bunch, etc).

The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 1
The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 1
Price: CDN$ 8.00
5 used & new from CDN$ 8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It is still okay after all these years, Sept. 20 2015
but not as funny as what I remember. Am just watching the first season and think I remember the characters being more - Lou Grant being more cranky (favorite character) and Murray Slaughter a little more biting with Ted in later seasons. will have to watch them to see if they are as funny.
I guess the feminist in me does not really enjoy the woman who "needs" to be saved by anyone. borrowed this season and will borrow another season to see if it gets funnier - some shows I still enjoy as much and can't figure out why I like them just as much, like Soap, MASH, All in the Family, and Maude. I liked biting comedy then and now, and with women "wanting" and not "needing" a husband

Jersey Boys (Bilingual)
Jersey Boys (Bilingual)
DVD ~ John Lloyd Young
Price: CDN$ 9.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It was actually better than I had expected, Sept. 15 2015
This review is from: Jersey Boys (Bilingual) (DVD)
It gave different views of the different members of the group and had some singing in it which is why I liked it so much. Though it focused on their lives together as a singing group and had them sing together at times in the movie, it did not break out into song and dance at every turn like Grease or the sounds of Music, which is why I liked this particular movie. I don't mind musicals where people break out into song and dance out of nowhere in a live production at a theatre but not in a movie setting.
This movie was mainly acted out and now and again they sang their songs. Which it also reminded me there were a couple of songs of theirs I liked but had forgotten about, the album my sister had of theirs was missing a couple of their top hits. This prompted me into purchasing a Cd with the full listing of songs I like of theirs.

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Jumpin' Jack Flash
DVD ~ Whoopi Goldberg
Price: CDN$ 11.98
19 used & new from CDN$ 6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic movie to watch especially if you like Whoopi Golberg, Sept. 15 2015
This review is from: Jumpin' Jack Flash (DVD)
Enjoyed the movie the first time in the theatre, and decided to purchase for my own collection and actually enjoyed it all over again. That does not happen too often.
Jonathan Pryce's voice was so sexy through out the movie and that is what I remembered most after all those years. Throughout the movie, he was only the voice in the background and Woopi Goldberg was trying to help him while communicating with him via the computer - from back in the day when computers were DOS based programs! Well before the time of Windows, accessible internet, instagram and facebook! Stephen Collins played a role in this movie and didn't like him there and especially didn't like the show 7th heaven. Hadn't connected the dots at the time either until years later that Stephen Collins and Catherine Hicks played together in Star Trek the Voyage Home as well, though Stephen Collins got killed near the beginning of the movie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16