Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools
Profile for M C > Reviews

Content by M C

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

M C

Page: 1 | 2
Marshall Pet Products Super Thru-Way
Marshall Pet Products Super Thru-Way
Price: CDN$ 33.49
12 used & new from CDN$ 27.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Our two ferrets love this. We have it wrapped around the base ..., Dec 31 2014
Our two ferrets love this. We have it wrapped around the base of a table support several time to make it multi level with a blanket to support it when the girls start to wrestle in it. They love to go into it to play alone or in pairs. Both our skinny and chubby one have figured out hove to turn around indide it. I'm thinking of getting another one

Ferret soft plush toy - 30cm
Ferret soft plush toy - 30cm

5.0 out of 5 stars reccomend, Dec 31 2014
This review is from: Ferret soft plush toy - 30cm (Toy)
Smaller than I invisioned at a little smaller than our actual ferrets but fairly accurate and very cute. It is hard to find a ferret plushy and my daughter loves it.

Defiance: Season 2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + UltraViolet]
Defiance: Season 2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Grant Bowler
Price: CDN$ 39.97
3 used & new from CDN$ 39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend buying these discs for that reason alone, Dec 31 2014
This review is about the digital HD redemption. First however I have to say that this is a rare SciFi series due to the quality of world building and the excellence of acting. I highly recommend buying these discs for that reason alone.
The reason for not giving 5stars has to do with the experience of trying to access the HD copies. Universal studios needs to take a lesson from DIsney about customer service and the digital HD experience. Disney gives the customer choices that can fit their operating systems, WiFi speeds, and preferences. There redemptions have been quick and frustration free. Universal on the other hand involves a lot more time and a great deal more frustration. Ultraviolet is a less user friendly system than iTunes or goolge play because it does not actually give you the show to stream. Instead you are directed to "retailer" like flickster. That would not be so frustrating if you had some control over which service you had to sign up for but it is a crap shoot when you buy something labaled digital HD as to how you can actually get the copy you paid for. Every studio makes their own deals and even in the same studio it changes from disc to disc. On top of this only some of the ultra violet retailers work in Canada. That ment that when I got to this DVD, unlike my last one from universal that would work with cinema now, I have only flickster as an option. This means another account and one that wants a lot of access to my personal information. It also means more issues with streaming in my rural area and incompatibility with some of my hardware. Universal online support was less than helpful. If studios are going to plaster a large digital HD on the front of cases as a selling feature they should either provide a range of choices because that would lead to customer satisfaction and would be a smart long term plan or clearly label what they mean by "ultraviolet" since it is not one size fits all. Then the customer can decide if it is a reason for buying without leaving them with the feeling of being ripped off after they unwrap the discs.

Teen Wolf Season 3 Part 2
Teen Wolf Season 3 Part 2
DVD ~ Tyler Posey
Price: CDN$ 26.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best series of episodes the show has had to offer, Dec 29 2014
This review is from: Teen Wolf Season 3 Part 2 (DVD)
If you are an adult watching Teen Wolf, you know you have to cut it a little slack sometimes. The sometimes laughable CG and the plot holes come and go over the seasons. However, this is the best series of episodes the show has had to offer. They are darker in tone, more visually compelling, and actually scary at times. This has a lot to do with focusing on Stiles (as the cover shows). This actor is the most flexible and compelling on the show with the material he is given and is completely believable as both the goofy sidekick and the diabolical villain. The pacing and directing in episodes of this part of the series are some of the best to date.

iTALKonline Samsung Galaxy Core SM-G386F LTE Blue Super Slim PU Leather Executive Multi-Function Wallet Case Cover Organiser Flip with Credit / Business Card Holder - Suction Pad Design
Offered by iTALKonline-CA
Price: CDN$ 18.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Not strongly attached, Dec 29 2014
It's looks great and I love the idea of it. However, the thing used to hold the phone is a series of suction cups. They just don't stick to my samsung phone well enough that I trust the phone to this case. It falls off too easily.

Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Chris Pratt
Price: CDN$ 31.79
24 used & new from CDN$ 23.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie in so many ways, Dec 29 2014
Excellent movie in so many ways. I laughed more often in the theaters watching it than with most comedies.

Pluses and minuses about the combo pack: I purchased in presale where the written description listed a dvd as well as blu ray and digital HD. This was a mistake and there was no DVD. This was a bit of a problem because I had promised to show it at another home that did not have a blu ray player. I was thinking I would have to run out for a second copy but I was saved by the flexibility of the Digital HD options. I picked this version due to the bluray/dvd combo for a reasonable price. Usually the Digital HD is not a factor because I have not had much luck with that in the past.

The pleasant surprise came with the options for digital HD redemption which included GooglePlay along Ultraviolet and itunes. Because I can use Google Play on all pcs, android tablets and phones, and tvs through my Chromecast dongle it makes this a much more flexible option for my family. Itunes is too restrictive if you do not have all Apple products and Ultraviolet is a huge mess of frustration with multiple log ins needed to all the studios AND ultraviolet AND then the playing aps (flixster, cinemanow, etc. of which many dare restricted in Canada). Redemption to Google play was extremely fast and simple in comparison and the playback was good even on our rural internet.

Only a few studios are giving the options of Google Play & iTunes & Ultraviolet with Digital HD combo packs. Hopefully more will follow their lead and let paying customers make their own choices without the hassle to discourage digital piracy. That will make the Digital HD listed on the front of blu ray sleeves an actual selling feature for me.

The Maze Runner  (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
The Maze Runner (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Dylan O'Brien
Price: CDN$ 9.99
16 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Multiple Digital HD choices makes this one frustration free, Dec 29 2014
I had already seen this movie in theaters with the kids and enjoyed it enough to add to my digital library at home. I picked this version due to the bluray/dvd combo for a reasonable price. Usually the Digital HD is not a factor because I have not had much luck with that in the past.

The pleasant surprise came with the options for digital HD redemption which included GooglePlay along Ultraviolet and itunes. Because I can use Google Play on all pcs, android tablets and phones, and my tvs through Chromecast it makes this a much more flexible option for my family. Itunes is too restrictive if you do not have all Apple products and Ultraviolet is a huge mess of frustration with multiple log ins needed to all the studios and ultraviolet and then the playing aps (flixster, cinemanow, etc.) Redemption to Google play was extremely fast and simple in comparison and the playback was good even on our rural internet. Only a few studios are giving the options of Google Play & iTunes & Ultraviolet with Digital HD combo packs. Hopefully more will all smarten up and let paying customers make their own choices without the hassle to discourage digital piracy.

iTALKonline Samsung Galaxy Core SM-G386F LTE Black PU Leather Executive Multi-Function Vertical Flip Wallet Case Cover Organiser

5.0 out of 5 stars This one was the second to come in and it fits so much better than a more expensive model from another online company, Oct. 21 2014
I bought the Core LTE a few days after it became available in my area. The phone store did not have any cases and it was a little smaller than the similar ones by Samsung, so I ordered some likely possibilities online. This one was the second to come in and it fits so much better than a more expensive model from another online company. At a third of the price of the one that disappointed me, I'm going to buy another one for son's phone.

Three months later: I'm using these on both my and my son's phone. They have been wonderful at keeping the phone protected from scratches of other objects in pockets and school bags. I've dropped it a few times and it worked to save the phone. The case is holding up very well.

Le Pan II 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 OS
Le Pan II 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 OS

4.0 out of 5 stars Had it for awhile and still happy, May 25 2013
I bought both this one and the Lepan on sale a few months ago. This one is a better value. I was vary based on some of the reviews, but it has been wonderful. Yes, once in a long while it locks up and occasionally the on button is difficult to get on, but it is generally very reliable and durable. It gets used many hours of the day by my family for youtube, games, reading online and more. I have a hard time getting it away from the kids. I am considering getting another now that it is on sale again.

Honeywell Permanent True Hepa Round Air Purifier With Germ Reduction
Honeywell Permanent True Hepa Round Air Purifier With Germ Reduction
Offered by Express Hardware 1
Price: CDN$ 195.92
12 used & new from CDN$ 195.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Able to breath again, April 10 2013
I've been suffering from breathing problems since flu season hit and also developed an allergic reaction to our new pet. It was so bad that I ended up with an inhaler. I plugged this in a few hours ago in our large living room area (which contains a wood stove and a pet cage) and I can breath easily for the first time in months! I'm going to give it a few weeks to see how it holds up and am seriously considering getting another for the bedroom area of the house as well. I don't find the lower settings noisy. Maybe in a small space it would be, but this is a larger room size unit. The amount of noise is a good trade off for being able to take full breaths without coughing or getting stuffed up.

As for the price, it was a great buy. I got it for about $160 which is much cheaper than at my local Home Depot, and it was delivered right to my door for free. It was worth the wait for it when it was briefly out of stock. It is also much lighter than I expected. I can easily move it from room to room or lift it up to open the filter area.

Page: 1 | 2