Profile for Jenny J.J.I. > Reviews

Content by Jenny J.J.I.
Top Reviewer Ranking: 129

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jenny J.J.I. "A New Yorker" (That Lives in Carolinas)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
XCSOURCE® 11PCS Pro Makeup Brush Brushes Cosmetic Powder Tool Kit Set With Bag MT52
Price: CDN$ 23.98
2 used & new from CDN$ 23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality of variety of brushes, March 26 2015
These 11 piece brushes are very soft, and it comes with varieties of brushes that is just what I need for my makeup routines. I am in no way a professional make up artist, I just mildly like make up. Each brush is individually wrapped in a natural vanilla patch as pictured. None of them are broke or chipped. Once opened, the brushes are full and soft and the brushes does smell upon receiving them, actually the entire package does smell of a polyurethane/plastic scent. I laid out the brushes open over night and this removed the smell. The make up belt that they're in is a pleather material so it supposed to have that smell and doesn't bother me too much after airing it out.

Though it only been a couple of days, I haven't experienced any shedding from these brushes yet. I even tried tugging on the large brushes, like the fan, and the bristles don't fall out. Furthermore the brushes held up very nicely when washed

Theses brushes from XCSOURCE seem to be very high quality and I’m happy with them. Again they are very soft and effective. Recommended. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Cobblestone Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Brightness Adjustable Camping Light with Long Battery Life! Ideal for Hiking, Camping, More! IPX4 Water Resistant with 3 AAAs Included!!
Price: CDN$ 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The ShuoFang lantern is well constructed and nice size, March 24 2015
This little unit came in a nice secure package. Once opened, 3 AAA was provided tape to the side of the corner of the box, then I twisted apart the lantern and pop the batteries in, hit the side button then Wollah there was light. I have to say I’m really am pleased with this product. It is absolutely perfect for when the power goes off during storms. Bright enough you can read a book using this light. This lantern has one modes, which put out quite a bit of light. To you the truth I was expecting much less considering the price point but this little thing prove me wrong.

I cannot speak for the longevity of this product as I only received it recently. However I have tested it out and it works as described. The 2 silver hooks will come in handy when you need it to latch on to something. It would nice if it did have a couple of setting but brightness works well enough due to the extinct of the darkness or the location that your at.

This ShuoFang LED Lantern is properly sized and enclosed in plastic base and hard rubberlike top features that make them attractive for campers and other sportsmen and families, including the hiker: a lantern can be conveniently packed in a three-day pack without taking up too much room or being uncomfortable: the lantern is light and provides light., I highly recommend you purchase this one the product is great and shipping was fast. Received this item as a sample in exchange for a honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Beyondtek E-780 Ergonomic Ultra-slim Multimedia Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo Black
Offered by Beyondtrade
Price: CDN$ 55.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gamer Keyboard Combo, March 23 2015
My son is a gamer and was pretty excited to play with this keyboard/ mouse combo. Once opened I found the keyboard very lightweight but has a solid feel. The lightweight makes it ideal to move or adjust around when needed. Though its not a standard computer keyboard, we both fine the keyboard a little larger then expected but it fit on his desk just fine. As you will notice batteries are not included in this unit but and the keyboard does hold 2 AAA batteries so I am interested to see how the battery life holds up with this keyboard. I suggest Energizer rechargeable instead of disposable batteries for everything, but especially for keyboards and mouse. The Nano receiver USB is store in the back on the wireless mouse just in case you are looking for it and it does requires 1 AA battery. The outlook of this mouse design handsomely and works and feels well while adjusting the mouse movement to your desired movements.

The multi color options are a nice touch and suitable for gamers. Plus the back-lighting is gentle on your eye's and perfect for low-light gaming or just basic browsing. His favorite is the red but I like the blue setting. He loves he change the colors base on his mood set.

Everything works as intended out of the box. The packing was also great and also consist of a manual. It appears to be built well and the keys are quiet. Time will tell on the longevity of this ultra slim multimedia wireless keyboard for I only had this for several days. For the asking price is worth a try, I believe this combo gamer keyboard from Beyondtek E-780 is easy and simple to use. Received this item as a sample in exchange for a honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Beyondtek A-3000 Chiclet Style Key Caps Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo with Smooth Feeling for Surface/win 8 Black
Offered by Beyondtrade
Price: CDN$ 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The keyboard and mouse both work well, March 23 2015
I've had a love/hate relationship with most compact keyboards. It seems they are either too big, or much too small for my personal tastes. Once opened I found the keyboard very lightweight but has a solid feel. The lightweight makes it ideal to carry around and/or use on multiple machines. Batteries are not included in this unit but and the keyboard does hold 2 AAA batteries so I am interested to see how the battery life holds up with this keyboard. I suggest Energizer rechargeable instead of disposable batteries for everything, but especially for keyboards and mouse. The Nano USB is store in that compartment as well just case you are looking for it. The mouse also requires One AA battery and works and feels well while adjusting the mouse movement to your desired level but sometimes I notice it’s hard to pick up in the middle of scrolling through the screen.

At the same time I would really like to see a silicone keyboard cover that fits this keyboard particularly when the keyboard is white cause it does get dirty pretty fast with heavy wear. These covers are very helpful for keeping your keyboard clean. They usually can be purchased for a couple of dollars so I think it could be a nice addition to this combo.

In case you need instruction there is a manual inside the box. I fine the key spacing is good and the keys have a soft tactile feel when pressed. I used this combo on several PCs running Windows 7, including 2 desktops, and notebook PC. As soon as the dongle was inserted into a usb port, Windows automatically installed the drivers and the keyboard and mouse were working within about a minute. Time will tell on the longevity of this keyboard for I only had this for several days. Despite its mild shortfall, I believe this combo keyboard from Beyondtek is easy and simple to use. Received this item as a sample in exchange for a honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Cobblestone Mini Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Best Portable Camping Light!! [ Flameless Candle ] Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Climbing, Boy Scout and More!
Price: CDN$ 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The ShuoFang lantern is well constructed and nice size., March 23 2015

Ultra-Bright High Power CREE LED Headlamp Flashlight Torch with 2000mAh Lithium Rechargeable Battery--- 297% Longer Battery Life! Adjustable White, Red, and Strobe Light Ideal for Camping, Running, Hunting, Reading, Fishing and Other Outdoor Activities or Indoor Needs Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars This headlamp is so helpful, March 6 2015
I tried using a flashlight, but holding a flash light and a paintbrush proved to be awkward and useless. Then this little light came along. The directions are easy to follow and well worth the 2-3 minutes they take to read and understand. Once place around my head I found the headband to be very comfortable and adjustable that it became part of me right away. I’ve been working on my food Pantry for a couple of days and the light in that closet is dim. Which lead me to use this headband to finish it up. While I was painting I became aware of some unevenness on the wall in certain corners but I managed to fix it nicely after I was done.

As for the construction I feel that ShuoFang done a great job putting this headlamp together. Once you hold it in your hand you can tell its sturdy and the quality is reliable in the plastic buckles and the nylon strap. I like the adjustability of lamp along with it being lightweight. I've only had this light for a short time so I cannot speak to its durability or battery life, but I am impressed with it. The light is very bright for such a small lightweight device. Be careful not to shine the light in anyone's eyes. The light is very powerful but can hurt when looked at directly. The mount has an hinge setup so you can adjust how low the light is angled depending on where you need it pointed.

I personally can get use to this item for a number of reasons. Even though I haven’t use the 2 red lights for the night mode I’m sure it’s equally impressive. At the same time I see that these headlamps can be pretty expensive depending where you buy them but for the price offered here its worth particularly to have around the house or car. Recommended. Received this product as a sample in exchange for a honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

FRiEQ® Waterproof Camera Float - Floating Camera Wrist Strap for Your Underwater Camera - Compatible with GoPro, Panasonic Lumix, Canon PowerShot D20, Marine Binoculars, Camcorders and Other Multiple Small Waterproof Devices (2-Pack)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise
Price: CDN$ 36.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs as needed and solid construction., Feb. 22 2015
Once I received these yellow floaters, I tried it on and it did fit appropriately to my wrist. You do get two straps, which is perfect for me because I oftentimes misplace small gadgets. I fine that it had all the necessary features like; a bright color to get noticed, appropriate material of the strap, seemed to fit well on the wrist and most importantly a durable device connector on it. This product from FRiEQ has one of the best deals I have seen for this type of product so far. It easily stays on my wrist and stayed there without any issue. It was easy to attach to the camera as well and the connecting wire material did seem durable.

I tested them in a full bucket and they floated the camera just fine. I only needed a single strap to float my camera so I expect it will easily be buoyant enough in salt water. It will be interesting to see how this holds up to the salt. Flawless performance. These floaters does exactly what they are expected to do! Highly recommended for anyone who wants to be safer with GoPro and other small cameras. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

FRiEQ® Floating Waterproof Cell Phone Carrying Cases for Apple iPhone 6, 5s, 5, Galaxy S5, S4 S3, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, MP3 Player - IPX8 Certified to 100 Feet (Rainbow)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise
Price: CDN$ 33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well made product that can fit a wide variety of phones, Feb. 22 2015
This waterproof cell phone case from Frieq is pretty amazing. Once received it came in a nice secured signature white box! So far it’s something that I admire about this company particularly the way the way they design the packaging. They also provide simple instruction on the back of the box. I have used this rainbow case a couple of times now just running errands. I wanted to see how it would travel and how my Samsung S5 would work inside the case and it worked perfectly!

This is a very well made product that will hold a multitude of phones of different sizes. In my house we all have androids. Yesterday it was raining and I know the case got wet, but the phone stayed dry! At the same time, I can take photos and videos without taking it out of the case as it's clear on both sides so you can use the phone in the case.

This is a perfect case for anyone to have for a moments notice - it will come in handy when you are going to a lake, the beach, waterpark, even out for a walk on a hot day - you never really know when Mother Nature will open the skies! And with this little gadget, you are always prepared! Loved the size and quality of this case. Have no nervousness putting my expensive phone inside and taking it under water. Definitely recommend it! Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Smart Weigh ZIP600 Ultra Slim Digital Pocket Scale with Counting Feature, 600 by 0.1-Gram
Offered by CrestView
Price: CDN$ 14.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and useful., Feb. 1 2015
When I received this scale, I was pretty excited to use it. Once opened, this item Smart Weigh came well package. I like the fact that this device came in a lined box for better protection. This is the first digital food scale I have ever owned and I am so pleased. It is nicely compact, well design, along with its size. The functionality is very easy-to-use -- you can easily "zero" out the scale with a touch of the button.

I've only used this for few times when I bake pastry and I like it so far. It's a good looking scale fits my kitchen and it works well for my baking purpose, especially given the price. This is very helpful when I'm adding several ingredients into the same bowl and I need to measure the quantity of each of them as I go. The scale switches from ounces to grams with the touch of a button.

Overall this little device is inexpensive and perfect for helping me with my measurement counts. Recommend. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Aldecoa Nespresso Tea Capsules, Green Tea, 10 Count
Aldecoa Nespresso Tea Capsules, Green Tea, 10 Count
Price: CDN$ 28.38

3.0 out of 5 stars These tea pods really didn't work for me, Jan. 27 2015
The Aldecoa Nespresso Tea Capsules, Green Tea is not bad. I like the flavor and the smell it gives out while brewing. Once I tasted it, it was not so intense as the coffee pods and I like my tea strong. Don’t get me wrong the concept of these tea pods are good but just not cost effective for me and I have seen some of the reviewers has mention that as well.

One box of these pods costs $7, and contains 10 pods. That’s ten cups of tea for over seven bucks per cup of tea. That’s an expensive tea, especially when you consider that the grade of tea isn’t far from what you get in a teabag. Contrast that with a box of teabags, which for the same price can grab you 50 tea bags. That’s ten cents per cup of tea, which is a dramatic comparison, and only takes marginally more time because you have to steep the tea yourself.

In my opinion, being able to steep your own teabag is a positive thing, though, as it allows you to select your own degree of tea infusion, which is a good thing, as everyone has different tastes. Ultimately, you’re paying extra for a gimmick, and that gimmick is tea in a pod. Teabags are more cost effective, and loose-leaf tea is even easier to brew a large pot with. It’s worth noting that the aroma of coffee grounds on top of the tea is likely one other people will pick up on, especially if the Nespresso machine is frequently used and not so frequently cleaned.

Another fact that’s worth knowing is that if there’s no pod in a Nespresso machine, it can be used to heat water. In general, a kettle is still a better solution, but if you run water through the Nespresso machine a couple of times (once to get rid of any excess coffee grounds), you can end up with a cup of hot water ready to take on your teabag. Base on what I’m getting at here is clearly that I wont waste my money on these tea pods but was fortunate enough to give it a try. Mildly Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20