march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Content by Jenny
Top Reviewer Ranking: 155

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jenny "A New Yorker" (That Lives in Carolinas, United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vtin 2in1 V4.1 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Headphones Magnet Circle - Black
Offered by VicTsingDirect
Price: CDN$ 42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These magnetic headphones are great for working out., Dec 12 2015
These Vtin Magnet Circle Wireless Stereo Sports Earphones have been working great for me. I charged them completely before using them yesterday, which perform pretty quick (meaning under a hour). Because of the magnetic feature they can be worn in a circle around your neck when not in use. The ear buds are on the sides of the magnetic pieces & the charging port is also on one. The controls are on a pad on the cord. You can listen to music with them around your neck if you prefer. They come with charging cable, extra ear cushions & manual.

When I received these the other day I thought it wouldn’t stay on while running on the Treadmill. But with a few re adjustments on the ears I got to be comfortable and secure for my runs. I like the fact that it comes with extra ear bud tips.

Bluetooth connectivity is outstanding; it is functional for my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. In fact, you can enjoy the music 15 plus meters away. Especially since most of the time one's phone would remain in a armband or running belt. The cushions are a nice fit & the part on the outside of the ear not too bulky. I honestly love the design and the outlook of this headphone because it’s rather attractive.

Overall, running with Bluetooth headphones is nice compared to some wireless ear buds I encountered over the years. For what they are value and perform I recommend them. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Vtin Bluetooth 4.1 Headphones Wireless Stereo Sport Headsets Earpiece with Mic, 7 Hours Playing Time for Sport Running Gym Exercise - Blue
Offered by VicTsingDirect
Price: CDN$ 35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These headphones are simply great while running on my Treadmill / Elliptical., Dec 2 2015
These upgraded QY8 Bluetooth headphones have been working very well for me. I like the black and blue design and the I like the fact that its lightweight for my active activity’s. Pairing worked perfect, the sound has been good, and when I test the call quality I was told they could hear me just fine. I haven't had an issue with the volume either. The sound quality of these headphones is really good. Of course, it does have a high Base or rounded as something as high as Bose. But, the sound quality is on point.

What I like about this headset is that it has three sets of interchangeable soft ear rubbers. You can simply choose the suitable one for your ear.
When I received them a couple of days ago I thought it wouldn’t stay on while running on the Treadmill. But with a few re adjustments on the ears I got to be comfortable and secure for my runs. Ear buds didn't feel like they would stay in my ears while running. I just twisted the earpieces in my ears a few times, and it seemed to make them "seal" to my ear canals. Plus the box also contains other extra goodies like ear hooks and USB charger, which is nice to have without it coming from other devices.

Bluetooth connectivity is outstanding; it is functional for my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. In fact, you can enjoy the music about 20 to 25 ft away. I left my cellphone in the hall, and I still can enjoy the music and receive the phone call.

Overall, Running with the Vtin Bluetooth headphones is nice compared to wired ear buds. For what they are they are a good value and I recommend them. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

Mad Max: Fury Road [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
Mad Max: Fury Road [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Tom Hardy
Price: CDN$ 18.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 18.45

4.0 out of 5 stars This Mad Max film is utterly insane!, Nov. 16 2015
Performances from the cast are actually good. Tom Hardy's Max is very much the usual gritty, rock solid hero that Gibson portrayed all those years ago. Charlize Theron's (Furiosa) really stands out for me, balancing out Hardy's character with a strong and bold performance. And for once, it's a female action hero who hasn't been raised or taught by other men - she's a real self empowered super lady. Nicholas Hoult's character is also a personal favorite, while the Brides and the Many Mothers created an ensemble of female characters that don't get wasted like they so often do in other action flicks. Everyone gives an enthusiastic performance, and it only adds to the quality of them film.

The action is absolutely the highlight of this movie, extraordinary, visually spectacular and quite honestly unlike anything we have seen; ever. Yet it seems Miller has also managed to hit the jackpot in his writing (though reportedly there was no proper script while shooting). The movie never tries to hide what it is; the story is simple, sometimes distant, yet it is handled in a such a way that it creates a quite strong emotional connection with the protagonists. The character of Max is interesting enough in himself, and played with an impressively subtle vulnerability by Tom Hardy, yet it with Furiosa, played by Theron (expertly so), that the story truly lies. Her quest strangely enough manages to feel relevant to society today, with the (sadly) still-relevant fight for gender-equality.

Yes, the film has by some been described as feminist and rightly so. In having both male and female character fight together against the patriarchal system, it underlines the need for both genders to take part in this struggle that our society still faces. With a noble cause being portrayed in such a sympathetic way, it is made easy to root for the heroes, thus making the already spectacular action even better, by having stakes that feel as if they matter. Combined with the great array of characters, sheer attention to detail and wonderful cinematography, it's actually unusually diverse, and its humane undertones only help to differ it from normal action films. And in that respect, it's one of the great Recent action films.

Inside Out [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
Inside Out [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Amy Poehler
Price: CDN$ 26.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film that resonates well with children and adults alike., Nov. 16 2015
Pixar has been on the sequel train for quite a while, so I was thirsty for a drink from the original pool. Inside Out emerges from that source we fell in love with years ago, and brings it back ten fold in the world of young Riley's (Kaitlyn Dias) mind. Inside Out is a beautiful personification of the inner workings of the mind, filled with colorful visuals. Seeing how these different emotions begin to mix up and play along together was a great idea, seeing how obvious having these two emotions together will result in great chemistry and entertainment. The way each and every emotion/character was handled differently and that worked for the film.

Another great aspect of the film was that it was relatable. Riley's character was simple, yet she was relatable to children nowadays and reminded the more older audience how they were when they were younger.

Moving on, the animation in this film is spectacular. Pixar's previous film "Monster's University" had such a rather realistic rendering of the characters and the surroundings, however Pixar takes it up a notch and the animation style improves furthermore in this film. The surroundings looked much more vibrant and colorful, each character design had a special and unforgettable feature to it. Pixar once again creates a beautiful and transcendent world to ponder on.

As for the story, it's one of the simplest, yet creative stories Pixar has ever done.

Overall, this is the movie I've been wanting from Pixar for a long time. Great animation, a surprisingly in depth story with a lot of depth and respect for their audience, plenty of fun and laughs, and very vibrant making it a great watch for kids and adults. In it's close 1 hour and 30 minute run time, the film is a straightforward adventure.

Terminator: Genisys [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
Terminator: Genisys [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Price: CDN$ 19.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 14.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film that didn't let me down., Nov. 16 2015
I was pleasantly surprised by Terminator Genisys, and I think you will be too. The performances are hit and miss however. Emilia Clarke cannot match the toughness or intensity of Linda Hamilton's 'Sarah Connor', Jai Courtney is still not leading man material as he gives his take on Michael Biehn's 'Kyle Reese' but Jason Clarke's villainous 'John Connor' is a surprise twist that works. Where does that leave Arnold Schwarzenegger? Surprisingly his screen time is less than expected, with familiar one liners thrown in to keep the audience happy. Still, Arnold plays his role brilliantly. I thought Arnold Schwarzenegger hasn't lost his touch as the older Terminator and he still can hold his own with everyone else on screen. If you happen to not be a fan of the Terminator series, this is still an entertaining action movie. I thought it was a really good looking movie, the effects are high quality from the machines to the different Terminator models, the action is entertaining, and the acting was mostly solid throughout. Sure certain things didn't make sense, or they rushed through a few parts without explanation, or the 2 leads may have been miscast but that's not the point here. J.K. Simmons comes and goes as the helpful but pointless 'O'Brien', Matt Smith while Byung-hun Lee do well in their short roles.

You're not supposed to overthink these things, to better enjoy this movie, you just have to accept things in the way that they are presented to you. If you haven't seen the first 2 movies, you may miss out on a few references. Fans of the Terminator series should remain engaged because this movie covers everything one would want from the Terminator checklist: Connors, Terminators, time travel, etc. Even if you haven't seen any of the Terminator movies, you will get an enjoyable action movie with some explosions and excitement. This movie isn't quite the same level as the first 2 James Cameron movies but it is the best of the rest. It isn't the best action movie this year but is another solid addition to the Terminator

San Andreas [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
San Andreas [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Dwayne Johnson
Price: CDN$ 18.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 14.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5---Sit and watch for what it is, popcorn fodder for the masses., Nov. 16 2015
I had a really fun time with this movie. "San Andreas" seems like a typical disaster movie that we have already seen a hundred times before, however some noticeable elements of this film made it much more enjoyable than most of the other movies of the same genre that we get today.

First of all the movie was very well paced. There were hardly any moments throughout the film that I would like the scene is getting dragged on or is too slow. "San Andreas" is almost constantly filled with action, which is what the audience wants from this type of movies.

The film also benefits from some solid performances. Carla Gugino, Alexandra Daddario, and Hugo Johnstone-Burt are easy on the eye, Paul Giamatti is a veteran performer, and Dwayne Johnson brings as much charisma and star appeal as he ever has, proving once and for all that he has the chops to guarantee a grand opening for a non- franchise, non-comic-book, solo vehicle (the movie is doing rollicking business at both the U.S. and international box-office).

Another important thing is that this movie didn't take itself too seriously. It was supposed to be a popcorn flick, and it was. The script is obviously predictable, but it takes little time to set up the characters and offer them some back story, too (nothing original but a pleasant surprise indeed). And when (Gugino) wants to divorce the world's manliest man at the moment (Johnson) in favor of architect/business tycoon (Ioan Gruffudd) who builds wobbly skyscrapers that rudely scrape the heavens, you just know that the Gods would get infuriated enough sooner or later to smite her entire home state from top to bottom. I fine most of the jokes were funny but slightly forced. Sure there were a couple of scenes that I would go - "Really?", but most of the time it was fine.

The visuals are spectacular! The insane special effects were definitely my favorite part of the whole movie. At the end of it all, "San Andreas" is great fun surrounded by clichés, and cheesy in all the right ways.

Jurassic World [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
Jurassic World [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Chris Pratt
Price: CDN$ 19.96
10 used & new from CDN$ 15.95

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5---It's nothing new, but still has a good sense of fun., Nov. 16 2015
I really enjoyed the first 2 Jurassic park movies! I always give movies a chance which are continuations, remakes, sequels or prequels, however this movie didn't deliver so well for me. It was all very cheesy and predictable. It didn't have me in awe or keep me interested. The story was silly and the characters I didn't really care about. It all seemed a bit weak, it's difficult to go into more detail about why I don't like it without seeming like giving spoilers,Jurassic World is literally history repeating itself: we see these people come into this theme park that is the most dangerous type of amusement for human beings, fictional or otherwise: having them interact with dinosaurs created from fossilized mosquito DNA.

This is the fourth installment of the "Jurassic Park" franchise, and quite possibly the stupidest one of the lot: you have Vincent D'Onofrio portraying a villain that's basically every single evil military-minded bad guy from films of the 90s. Oh, and not to get confused with the Marvel connotations at all, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard (Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman actors respectively) star in this brain-fart of a blockbuster side by side, and have no emotional chemistry most of the time they're on screen.

Despite the script being pretty dumb even for blockbuster standards, Colin Trevorrow does a good job at directing an otherwise maniacal story unfold on the screen. It's an entertaining film, but for a movie that broke so many records, it's surprisingly forgettable and disposable compared to other more substantial blockbusters in recent years: The Dark Knight, Inception, Interstellar, and Mad Max: Fury Road just to name a few more substantial films, at least for my taste in movies.

Entertaining, but not the kind of blockbuster that will be remembered for generations to come; it's more of a come-and-go kind of film.

HAWEEL Outdoor Sports Waist Bag Zip Pouch with Earphone Hole for iPhone 6 & 6s / iPhone 6 Plus & 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy Note 6 / 5 / S6 (Orange)
Offered by Alex NLD - Worldwide Free Shipping
Price: CDN$ 18.84

5.0 out of 5 stars The waist pack fits and lays snugly on the waist., Nov. 14 2015
This belt by IFITBELT is really comfortable against the body and while its wide I've found that the extra width actually makes it more stable and comfortable, along with the non-slip pads in the back. The bottle pouches are a great bonus and I found that I'm also able to fit my S6 edge snugly while placing my cards and key, which I'd rather do during walks and more leisurely activities. What I like about this runner waist pack is listed below.

Pros:
1 – Comfortable and weightless.
2 - Stays in place while running.
3 – Made incredibly well and material feels nice on the skin.
4 - Enough space to fit your phone and essentials.

Cons:
1 – Similar styles swimming around the websites.
2 – Not too sure on longevity.

Aside from that this belt will keep your hands free all while running, walking or hiking and not feeling bog down by the constant up and down of the pack. It's also easy to wash for those of us whose body sweats perversely. Recommended! Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

HAWEEL Slim Transparent Soft TPU Protective Case for Apple Watch 42mm, Pack of 8 Colors
Offered by Alex NLD - Worldwide Free Shipping
Price: CDN$ 11.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Forms great protection without the bulk to the iPhone watch., Nov. 14 2015
My sister has these watches and she wants her watch to be protected. Not only is it something she uses every day, but it's an expensive investment. These watch cases by HAWEEL was exactly what she was looking for. It's durable and she loves the subtle colors this box consist of. The material it is made out of has a scratch resistant coating, which is great. She likes the soft flexible transparent covers because it’s certainly easy to put on.

As for the construction of this case, all of the cut outs fit precisely and it does not deter from the design or functionality of your watch. It is made of polycarbonate with scratch-resistant coating to maintain its sleek attractive look. For a long time. It is not only easy to put on, but it can be removed with ease as well for cleaning and polishing. These case’s itself acts as a bumper and fits around the screen and the back of the watch. Nothing covers the watch face but the bumper, although thin and unnoticeable does offer protection if the watch is placed on a surface face down. The face will not touch the surface thereby offering scratch protection as well.

What’s also assuring is that HAWEEL offers a 12-month worry free warranty on this case, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Overall, my sister enjoys switching out these cases. Plus like I said before she really does prefer thin cases since anything thicker or more rigid than this would hamper her use of the watch itself. Remember that this case is for the 2015 model. So if you have a previous version then this case may not fit it. Recommend them. Received this item in exchange for an honest review. My views and opinions are from a customer/end user’s standpoint.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I can get use to this Konjac Sponge., Sept. 21 2015
This is actually the first time that have ever used a Konjac Sponge, so I didn't know what to expect when I received this sponge. Cleaning my face is an insanely important part of my skincare routine. The sponges come nicely packaged. When I first removed the sponges from the box they felt more like a stone that is until I soaked in water and it became a regular sponge with a slight roughness that helps exfoliate.

While I don't have any blackheads or acne, I do breakout under my chin every time I lay my hands under it, so I've been using the sponge with a moisturizer cream. I'm glad to say that I have seen some results as my chin is nearly cleared. Overall, I have enjoyed using Konjac Sponge by pureSOL and I recommend it to others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20