Profile for Steph > Reviews

Content by Steph

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Steph "Prd2BCdn" (Barrie, Ontario Canada)

NEW Kenny (DVD)
NEW Kenny (DVD)
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 23.28
16 used & new from CDN$ 4.86

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE Kenny!, Sept. 24 2011
This review is from: NEW Kenny (DVD) (DVD)
You can't help but fall in love with this movie. Kenny is a loveable character and you root for him throughout the whole movie. I highly recommend this movie to anyone with a big heart and sense of humour - Kenny certainly IS number one with your number two!!

Zentangle Basics: A Creative Art Form Where All You Need is Paper, Pencil & Pen
Zentangle Basics: A Creative Art Form Where All You Need is Paper, Pencil & Pen
by Suzanne McNeill CZT
12 used & new from CDN$ 36.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tangle resource for teachers, Sept. 24 2011
My students love this book - I bought it with the intention of using it myself, however when I received it, I realized that I had already worked with almost all of the patterns. As a result, it became part of my classroom library - I have to make sure that it doesn't make its way into desks!! My students use it regularly when they have some down time - I've created tangle monsters! (Grade 8 students - they're usually "too cool" for stuff like this, but my guys love it... and I have 20 boys and only 9 girls!)

Dexter in the Dark: Dexter Morghan (3)
Dexter in the Dark: Dexter Morghan (3)
by Jeff Lindsay
Price: CDN$ 13.68
70 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book, despite others' reviews, Sept. 5 2009
Not as "wow" as the other Dexter books in the series, but worth the few hours it takes to read it! I enjoyed it - Dexter's character is dark, but when his darkness flees, he's left as helpless and as confused as anyone who has lost their purpose. If you're a fan of the series, I would recommend it. If you're not, read the first couple books first and get to know Dex... it's hard not to get hooked!

Not My Fault
Not My Fault
by Leif Kristiansson
27 used & new from CDN$ 4.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful message, April 9 2009
This review is from: Not My Fault (Hardcover)
"Not My Fault" is heartwrenchingly beautiful. Sad in its truths, students recognize in this book what they may not see in themselves. Children identify with the characters because they've all been one of those "kids on the playground", witnessing the damage bullying can do, feeling powerless to stop it. Whether they've been the bully, the victim, or the bystander, students recognize the situation, and may be able to see it from a different perspective. Its honest simplicity might lead one to realize that kids DO have that "sense of guilt" when witnessing or participating in a bullying situation, but may not have the tools to deal with it appropriately. The global connection that "Not My Fault" makes at the end is powerful, to say the least, and can lead to an empowering discussion with kids about how to treat others and how they can help when they see others in need.

The Office: The Complete Third Season
The Office: The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Rainn Wilson
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 59.75
35 used & new from CDN$ 6.61

5.0 out of 5 stars The Office, July 12 2007
Regardless of whether the DVD has been released or not, you KNOW it's going to be fabulous!

Sixteen Seasons
Sixteen Seasons
Price: CDN$ 23.42
13 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about time!, June 4 2006
This review is from: Sixteen Seasons (Audio CD)
Wow - I mean, I know to expect good things from this band, but this CD is brilliant. Their music is filled with polished guitar, raspy vocals and stellar drumming. I've been waiting for 4 years for this to come out, and it has easily surpassed all expectations! Idle Sons have shown what they're capable of, and I'm already on the edge of my seat, waiting for the next one!

Postsecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives
Postsecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives
by Frank Warren
Price: CDN$ 22.56
90 used & new from CDN$ 4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great social commentary!, April 2 2006
Ever since I saw the video for "Dirty Little Secret" by the All-American Rejects, I've been intrigued by the idea of this book. When I bought it, I "read" it straight through and thoroughly enjoyed laughing, crying, sympathizing and empathizing with others' secrets. Now all I have to do is figure out which of MY secrets can go in there.....

Scrubs: Season One
Scrubs: Season One
DVD ~ Zach Braff
Price: CDN$ 16.98
36 used & new from CDN$ 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Where in the world is Scrubs?, July 6 2005
This review is from: Scrubs: Season One (DVD)
I absolutely love this show! It's one that I've had the pleasure of watching, but the displeasure of trying to find on regular television - with it's ever changing time slots, Scrubs is a slippery one to get a hold of. I have to say, though, the DVD makes it totally convenient - no channel surfing! The show is funny, but has heart and is worth the watch - with any luck it will be around for a long time to come!