ARRAY(0xb0010150)

Profile for EastCoaster > Reviews

Content by EastCoaster

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

EastCoaster

J Fit 18-Inch EVA High Density Foam Roller, Blue
J Fit 18-Inch EVA High Density Foam Roller, Blue
Price: CDN$ 24.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, Jan. 18 2012
I was having major IT bad problem. After 4k at a slow/moderate pace it started to hurt. They day my knee near gave out was a wake up call. I had a customer from work recommended I try the roller. It does hurt, but boy it took less than a week before I noticed a big difference. I'm not an advanced runner, I'm a 2+hr 1/2 marathoner so not fast, and not crazy in training. I do however enjoy it and really dislike things hurting. The roller gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me.

Georges Laraque: The Story of the NHL's Unlikeliest Tough Guy
Georges Laraque: The Story of the NHL's Unlikeliest Tough Guy
by Georges Laraque
Price: CDN$ 20.06
7 used & new from CDN$ 13.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Bad Bad..., Jan. 18 2012
I received this book with the anticipation of reading a good story about a man with an interesting view on the sport of hockey and life.

I read the teaser 1st chapter on a Kindle app and it did draw me in. After the first chapter the book went down hill. George Laroque proved himself to be the most self righteous man alive. A few examples, he ran a stop sign, caused a major accident but it wasn't his fault he did't see the stop sign. He left the mother of his children within a year of them being born, but not his fault his parents didn't like each other so he didn't want to do the same thing.

George Laroque honestly believes his 5min/game had the same effect on teams as a star player like Doug Weight in Edmonton, or Sidney Crosby in Pittsburgh. He knew better than his coaches be it Jacques Martin or Wayne Gretzky. His stances on PETA, etc are just nauseating. I do respect his passion for Haiti, but even that seems to be a shameless look at me I'm better than you. This is a man who believes he has never did anything wrong, it was always someone elses fault. I cannot recommend this book and I wish I hadn't read it.