Profile for laheh > Reviews

Content by laheh

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"laheh" (laheh, laheh)

Love Must Be Tough
Love Must Be Tough
by James Dobson
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars This book confused me, Jan. 17 2003
This review is from: Love Must Be Tough (Hardcover)
I think that this book and philosophy would work for some people, but not for me. I especially did not like what he said at the end of the book. He encouraged people to take back their cheating spouses, even if they can't trust them again. And forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't taking back someone who is mistreating you, even if that person changes, showing that you don't have self-respect?

Baby Boy
Baby Boy
VHS
4 used & new from CDN$ 2.81

1.0 out of 5 stars This movie sucks, Dec 18 2002
This review is from: Baby Boy (VHS Tape)
I saw Baby Boy on Cinnemax and it wasn't worth seeing. For one thing, about everyone in the movie is yelling at someone else. The characters cannot utter a single sentance without cursing. There is also a lot of nudity scenes which really could have been deleted. I guess that the setting for the movie is supposed to be the ghetto or 'hood, but I notice that people who live there have big screen TV's and fireplaces. Pretty much the movie is about someone who won't move out of his mom's home, stop sleeping with different women, get a job, and support his kids. Then there is the main character's loser girlfriend who FINALLY breaks up with him after he mistreated her for so long. She gets back together with him when he almost gets killed by kicking out his criminal cousin from her apartment. They get back together without him making an effort to change. Then the main character argues with his mother's boyfriend, but everything is made ok when the BF takes the gun out of the main character's hand. He and his friend just shot someone. Don't watch this stupid movie.