ARRAY(0xaf2c1174)

Profile for Amy Sinclair > Reviews

Content by Amy Sinclair

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amy Sinclair (seattle WA)

Fisher-Price W1392 Go Baby Go Poppity Pop Musical Dino
Fisher-Price W1392 Go Baby Go Poppity Pop Musical Dino
Price: CDN$ 38.09
11 used & new from CDN$ 38.09

1.0 out of 5 stars mom chase the balls!, Nov. 16 2012
Bought this for our 6month old, the balls dont stay in the dino, they pop out the top and roll all over the house

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
by Philip K. Dick
Price: CDN$ 11.91
66 used & new from CDN$ 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected!, Sept. 25 2009
I read the description for this book and I was intregued. I found it to be even better than I though it would be. It was deffinately a book that I couldn't put down. I was facinated by the dim portrait of the future, and how it pointed out everything we take for granted. I think the author did an excellent job creating caracters that you can identify with and simpathise with. Deffinately a book to get.

The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
by Robert A. Heinlein
Price: CDN$ 13.71
44 used & new from CDN$ 6.19

3.0 out of 5 stars A prison planet seeks its independence, Sept. 25 2009
I was very excited to read the book. The basic jist is that the moon has become a giant prison with no way out. After living on the moon for a certian amount of time your body changes and you cannot return to earth. So any prison sentance, becomes a life sentance. As the population grows and time goes by, most of the moon is inhabited by free men and women. Their resources are limited and controled by earth. A fight for indepence and equal opportunity begins. I enjoyed this book, but it was a little too political for me. If you are into politics and sci fi I think it would be right up your ally. Still a good read.

Faber Classics Bell Jar
Faber Classics Bell Jar
by Sylvia Plath
Price: CDN$ 10.79
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A look a depression, Sept. 25 2009
A clasic I recomend reading. if you didn't already know plath published this book under a sudo name and two weeks later committed suicide. It is a very close look at depression and what it would be like to live in a mental institution. It is very sad that she never got to see the great sucsess of her one and only novel.

Brave New World
Brave New World
by Aldous Huxley
Price: CDN$ 12.24
26 used & new from CDN$ 4.84

4.0 out of 5 stars A sex crazed utopia, Sept. 25 2009
This review is from: Brave New World (Paperback)
I read this book in university and it was one of my favorites. It is such a warped look a utopian society but it is everything we want....isn't it. Casual sex is the norm and the introduction of soma, a drug with no side effects makes the future and adults playground. There is no families, babies are not born, but decanted test tubes. People are born into a specific class, and intellegence is altered. I don't want to give too much away, but I'll just say that I highly recomend reading it if you like dystopic fiction or sience fiction.

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden: A Novel
I Never Promised You a Rose Garden: A Novel
by Joanne Greenberg
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.54
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a closer look at schitsophrenia, Sept. 25 2009
I read this book in high school, and I recently read it again. It took on a whole new depth once I read it again later in life. This book looks into a teenage girls struggle over 3 years in a mental institution. She works with a gifted psychologist to try and find her sanity. I found this book very intresting and touching. You really feel like you are in her head, and understand why she does the things she does and live through her struggles. Though it doesn't seem to be as well known as Sylvia Plaths "the bell jar" I found it to be just as good and better in some ways. I found it to be a much deeper and almost more disturbing look at someones struggle. I would recomend reading it.