Profile for Tina Gardner > Reviews

Content by Tina Gardner

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tina Gardner (Stamford, NY USA)

Eyewitness Amphibian
Eyewitness Amphibian
by Dorling Kindersley
16 used & new from CDN$ 2.25

4.0 out of 5 stars fun book, May 26 2001
Ce commentaire est de: Eyewitness Amphibian (Hardcover)
My son and I greatly enjoyed this book. It is presented in the typical, and attractive, Eyewitness style, and is packed with information and pictures. I especially enjoyed reading about ancient amphibians. I had no idea that they grew so large in ancient times!

Dougal Dixon's Dinosaurs
Dougal Dixon's Dinosaurs
by Dougal Dixon
Price: CDN$ 18.33
22 used & new from CDN$ 1.93

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Browse, May 26 2001
Ce commentaire est de: Dougal Dixon's Dinosaurs (Hardcover)
My 6 year old son loves this book. Of course, we own more dinosaur books that you can shake a stick at, but this one stands out. The drawings are engaging and the text well-written.

Outcast
Outcast
by Rosemary Sutcliff
Price: CDN$ 9.89
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Roman British History, April 25 2001
Ce commentaire est de: Outcast (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I have always been interested in this period of British history. This book is too scary for young children: I would not recommend it for a child less than 10 years of age. The Outcast is a Roman boy, found nearly dead on a beach after a shipwreck, fostered by a Celtic family. He is thrown out of his tribe when a series of misfortunes convinces some in the village that they have offended their gods by harboring a Roman. Going to the Roman village, he is captured by slavers, and a truly horrible four years as a slave begins. The book reveals the Horror That Was Rome, when we have too often heard only of the Glory.