Profile for John Acoba > Reviews

Content by John Acoba

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

John Acoba

Anker® Multi-Purpose Universal Wall Charger Cell Phone Battery Charger for Samsung: Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2 I9100; HTC: One X, Sensation, EVO, ThunderBolt; Motorola: Droid RAZR, Droid X2; Blackberry Bold 9900, Nokia N9 - White
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: CDN$ 29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just okay, Jan. 4 2013
I like that it is adjustable. I tried several phone batteries and all of them charged fine. The only thing I didn't like was that it doesn't seem to charge my phone in the USB port. It actually drained the battery instead of charging it.

Edit: I recheck the issue and the USB charging works. Its slow but it works. I was using the phone while charging so and it couldn't keep up with the power usage so it seemed like it was draining the battery.

Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery for HTC Sensation, Z710E, Sensation XE, Z715E, EVO 3D - White
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: CDN$ 29.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Last longer than OEM battery, Jan. 4 2013
It's good to have a spare and this battery is good enough for me. I noticed that this battery has a little more juice than the original.

Coby MP620-8GBLK 1.8-Inch Video MP3 Player with FM, 8 GB Flash Memory (Black)
Coby MP620-8GBLK 1.8-Inch Video MP3 Player with FM, 8 GB Flash Memory (Black)
Offered by Duty Free Shop
Price: CDN$ 53.88
6 used & new from CDN$ 53.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed on the quality of the product, Dec 28 2011
Upon opening the product, it felt a little flimsy. The buttons were not robust and felt clicky in the wrong sense. I was expecting the player to be harder/sturdier. Compared to the Sansdisk MP3 player I bought 2 years ago, this one is a little subpar hardware/software wise. Transferring music is simple enough. There was no music folder when I explored the the player's drive. So you either have to make a folder for it or install the media manager* that came with it and it will do it for you.

I am a little disappointed that Overdrive Media doesn't see it playing WMA files when it does in fact. Could be Overdrive Media's fault.

All in all, if you need a cheap MP3 and all you care about is listening music, then this a player for you. If you want high-end, don't consider this. Get a Sansdisk or Sony or save up on an Ipod touch.

*It plays automatically but if it doesn't you can go install it directly from the drive.

George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 4-Book Boxed Set: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows
by George R.R. Martin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
10 used & new from CDN$ 33.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Way more awesome than the show that brought me to this series, June 29 2011
I looked all over my city for these books and when I saw the waiting list(300+ holds), I couldn't wait any longer and I ordered it as soon as possible. Was it worth the wait, ye bet it was. I couldn't put down the books when I started reading them. I'm near the end of the second book and it is such a shame that I have to wait next year when Clash of Kings airs on HBO :-(.

Im not really a fantasy reader but George RR Martin makes his stories so interesting like the way John Ghrisham makes me interested into law/suspense books.

Pwr+ Ac Adapter Laptop Notebook Computer Battery Charger Power Supply Cord Plug Cable
Offered by PWR+
Price: CDN$ 15.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good on my laptop, June 29 2011
I seen some official Sony adapters costing 40-70 online and was disheartened to when I saw the prices. I didn't consider third-party products at first. I had some bad experiences and I shunned them ever since. The official adapters were out of my budget so I relented and bought this one. It works with my Sony Vaio VGN-NS160D although I only had it tested today. I hope to used this product for more months or years because I cant see myself buying another laptop if this adapter broke.

The product itself looked to be durable, so *knock on wood* I hope it last long as my previous adapter for 4 years.

eForcity Leather Case with Lanyard and Kick Stand for iPod touch 4G (Black)
eForcity Leather Case with Lanyard and Kick Stand for iPod touch 4G (Black)
Offered by Eforcity
Price: CDN$ 28.80
3 used & new from CDN$ 24.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells bad man...but its okay, March 4 2011
When I opened it, I could still smell the grease/oil from it probably from the way its was assembled. Im trying to figure out how to get rid of the smell. The strap clip is flimsy. It is a fine product aside from the minor issues like the smell and strap. Its cheap so you get what you pay for.