Profile for John Acoba > Reviews

Content by John Acoba

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

John Acoba

Anker® Multi-Purpose Universal Wall Charger Cell Phone Battery Charger for Samsung: Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2 I9100; HTC: One X, Sensation, EVO, ThunderBolt; Motorola: Droid RAZR, Droid X2; Blackberry Bold 9900, Nokia N9 - White

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just okay, Jan. 4 2013
I like that it is adjustable. I tried several phone batteries and all of them charged fine. The only thing I didn't like was that it doesn't seem to charge my phone in the USB port. It actually drained the battery instead of charging it.

Edit: I recheck the issue and the USB charging works. Its slow but it works. I was using the phone while charging so and it couldn't keep up with the power usage so it seemed like it was draining the battery.

Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery for HTC Sensation, Z710E, Sensation XE, Z715E, EVO 3D - White
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: CDN$ 29.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Last longer than OEM battery, Jan. 4 2013
It's good to have a spare and this battery is good enough for me. I noticed that this battery has a little more juice than the original.

Coby MP620-8GBLK 1.8-Inch Video MP3 Player with FM, 8 GB Flash Memory (Black)
Coby MP620-8GBLK 1.8-Inch Video MP3 Player with FM, 8 GB Flash Memory (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed on the quality of the product, Dec 28 2011
Upon opening the product, it felt a little flimsy. The buttons were not robust and felt clicky in the wrong sense. I was expecting the player to be harder/sturdier. Compared to the Sansdisk MP3 player I bought 2 years ago, this one is a little subpar hardware/software wise. Transferring music is simple enough. There was no music folder when I explored the the player's drive. So you either have to make a folder for it or install the media manager* that came with it and it will do it for you.

I am a little disappointed that Overdrive Media doesn't see it playing WMA files when it does in fact. Could be Overdrive Media's fault.

All in all, if you need a cheap MP3 and all you care about is listening music, then this a player for you. If you want high-end, don't consider this. Get a Sansdisk or Sony or save up on an Ipod touch.

*It plays automatically but if it doesn't you can go install it directly from the drive.

George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 4-Book Boxed Set: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows
by George R.R. Martin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
8 used & new from CDN$ 24.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Way more awesome than the show that brought me to this series, June 29 2011
I looked all over my city for these books and when I saw the waiting list(300+ holds), I couldn't wait any longer and I ordered it as soon as possible. Was it worth the wait, ye bet it was. I couldn't put down the books when I started reading them. I'm near the end of the second book and it is such a shame that I have to wait next year when Clash of Kings airs on HBO :-(.

Im not really a fantasy reader but George RR Martin makes his stories so interesting like the way John Ghrisham makes me interested into law/suspense books.

Pwr+® AC Adapter Laptop Charger for Sony Vaio Vgp-ac19v19, Vgp-ac19v20, Vgp-ac19v21, Vgp-ac19v31, Vgp-ac19v32, Vgp-ac19v35; 90-Watt Power Supply Cord
Offered by PWR+
Price: CDN$ 19.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good on my laptop, June 29 2011
I seen some official Sony adapters costing 40-70 online and was disheartened to when I saw the prices. I didn't consider third-party products at first. I had some bad experiences and I shunned them ever since. The official adapters were out of my budget so I relented and bought this one. It works with my Sony Vaio VGN-NS160D although I only had it tested today. I hope to used this product for more months or years because I cant see myself buying another laptop if this adapter broke.

The product itself looked to be durable, so *knock on wood* I hope it last long as my previous adapter for 4 years.

eForcity Leather Case with Lanyard and Kick Stand for iPod touch 4G (Black)
eForcity Leather Case with Lanyard and Kick Stand for iPod touch 4G (Black)
Offered by Vision Store US
Price: CDN$ 22.78
4 used & new from CDN$ 22.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells bad man...but its okay, March 4 2011
When I opened it, I could still smell the grease/oil from it probably from the way its was assembled. Im trying to figure out how to get rid of the smell. The strap clip is flimsy. It is a fine product aside from the minor issues like the smell and strap. Its cheap so you get what you pay for.