Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
A Knight to Remember
A Knight to Remember
Price: CDN$ 8.67

2.0 out of 5 stars I like the Knight, just not anyone else, Aug. 14 2014
I will start by saying I couldn't finish it and that this doesnt deter me from trying some of the authors other books.

So, an honourable, tough, sexy, sweet, gentlewoman somehow falls in love with a character with no backbone, no confidence and no aspirations. The Knight had so many traits that are valuable while our protagonist had so few. I kept asking myself "what does this Knight see in this Librarian? "

Also, the Knight has no concept of technology, but doesnt really seem to care that she is witnessing things she can't understand. Descriptions of her reaction are glossed over and not utilized.

The book was fine, just not for me.

Protector of the Realm (Supreme Constellations Book 1)
Protector of the Realm (Supreme Constellations Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 7.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, it just wasn't for me., Aug. 14 2014
The story is fleshed-out and its not your average "two women instantly fall in love" story either, so it gets a lot of points for that alone! Its also well written.

What I didn't enjoy was the creepy factor, and I appologize because "creepy" is too harsh of a word, but it carries some of the connotation I want to convey. I'll just say it straight up, the romance was creepy because of the power dynamic and age gap. I also find the idea of caring for someone's wounds while thinking romantic thoughts, creepy.

This does not deter me from reading other books from the author though.

Canada Litter 40-Pound Super Clumping Cat Litter
Canada Litter 40-Pound Super Clumping Cat Litter
Price: CDN$ 17.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Canada!, July 17 2014
I've tried Arm and Hammer and Precious Kitty 99.9% dust free litter, and I have to say that I'm loving this litter. For the quality and the price point, you should definitely give it a shot.

SMELL

This litter has almost no smell on its own, unlike Arm and Hammer's various types.

CLUMPING

It clumps well -- better than both other brands.

WHEN TO CHANGE

I found that I had to absolutely change the litter after 7 or 8 days of use.

Branded Ann
Branded Ann
by Merry Shannon
20 used & new from CDN$ 9.40

2.0 out of 5 stars A Cheesy Romance Novel, Aug. 24 2010
This review is from: Branded Ann (Paperback)
Back of the book:

No pirate on the high seas is more bloodthirsty than the notorious Branded Ann, a woman with eyes like ice and a face marred by a mysterious cross-shaped scar. When she raids a merchant vessel bound for Jamaica, her only objective is to obtain the map that will lead her to a legendary treasure. But she hadn't bargained on taking Violet, the merchant's young widow, on board her ship as a prisoner. In spite of her childlike appearance, Violet has a dark side of her own that Ann finds both infuriating and endearing.

As Branded Ann sails in search of treasure, her task is made more difficult by a stowaway child, an increasingly rebellious crew, and the treacherous seas of the Devil's Triangle; to make matters worse, she finds herself falling for her not-so-innocent but altogether charming captive. But will Violet be able to overcome the demons of her past and accept Ann's love? And will they survive the treasure hunt that has already claimed the lives of so many before them?

--------------------

What can I say about this novel? I didn't finish it (even though I was 20 pages away). It's just boring and so cliche. Other people over on Amazon.com seem to enjoy it though.

The Sublime and Spirited Voyage of Original Sin
The Sublime and Spirited Voyage of Original Sin
by Colette Moody
Price: CDN$ 12.96
23 used & new from CDN$ 4.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Generic, Aug. 24 2010
Back of the book:

The Gulf of Mexico, 1702: When pirates of the square-rigger Original Sin steal ashore to abduct a doctor to tend to their wounded, they end up settling for the doctor's attractive fiancée--Celia Pierce, the town seamstress.

Together with Gayle Malvern, daughter of the wounded pirate captain "Madman" Malvern, Celia becomes a reluctant participant in an unexpectedly thrilling journey through the Caribbean. For Gayle, Celia's presence is at first a welcome and shapely distraction, but as her attraction to the seamstress deepens, she realizes that Celia comes to mean more to her than is prudent. As Celia and Gayle navigate the perilous territories of gypsies, prostitutes, mercenaries, and slave traders, they forge a partnership born of necessity that Gayle soon hopes will veer away from insurmountable danger--and instead detour directly to her bed.

--------------

First things first.. the town only has one seamstress? I guess this book was exactly what I feared it would be: a cheesy romance novel. If that's what you're going for, than this is it.

The Spanish Pearl
The Spanish Pearl
by Catherine Friend
Price: CDN$ 16.57
18 used & new from CDN$ 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, Aug. 24 2010
This review is from: The Spanish Pearl (Paperback)
THIS is the book I've been looking for in the lesbian market. Its not a cheesy romance novel, it is an adventure novel where the journey and character development is the driving force. It was well written, capturing the time, the culture and making it all come alive. It was also dark, as dark as the century itself.

The Exile And the Sorcerer
The Exile And the Sorcerer
by Jane Fletcher
28 used & new from CDN$ 1.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Plot first, romance second - which is great., April 26 2010
About the book: "Tevi, a warrior from the "Western Isles," has grown up in a sheltered, matriarchal society where women are considered superior to men and sex with anyone of the same gender is strictly forbidden. Betrayed by someone she cared about, Tevi is exiled from her home into the unknown "mainland." She learns the ways of the rest of the world, confounded by the differences and confused by what she sees as her own failure to understand others."

I must say that reading this book was refreshing because it really was a story that was about Tevi's journey through the mainland and her thoughts on gender and not a romance novel (although there is romance)! I'm thrilled. I don't want to spoil the book, so I will only say that the character development at one point was so sped up that it didnt fit in with the rest of the book, which is why it got 4 stars and not 5.

If you like fantasy and you like women, this is a good one to pick up.

Love's Melody Lost
Love's Melody Lost
by Radclyffe
Price: CDN$ 16.57
14 used & new from CDN$ 6.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Play that sappy music, white boy., April 22 2010
This review is from: Love's Melody Lost (Paperback)
I like Radclyfee. I really do. I did not enjoy this book because I found it too sappy, yes even for a lesbian romance novel. You should try some of her other books.

Lucifer Rising
Lucifer Rising
by Sharon Bowers
Price: CDN$ 18.07
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Romance 1st, April 22 2010
This review is from: Lucifer Rising (Paperback)
This is a romance novel first and a plot driven novel second, so if you're expecting something deep and meaningful, this probably isnt it. BUT if you are looking for a darker romance, then you hit the jackpot.

Innocent Hearts
Innocent Hearts
by Radclyffe
21 used & new from CDN$ 4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Star based on it being a Lesbian Romance, April 22 2010
This review is from: Innocent Hearts (Paperback)
Book description: "In 1860's Montana Territory, Kate Beecher, a young woman from Boston, faces the hardships and hard choices of life on the frontier. Jessie Forbes, a fiercely independent rancher, finds in Kate a passion she never dared dream. This is the story of their struggle to love in a land, and time, as cruel as it was beautiful."

This book contained no plot twists, nor did it need many brain cells to decipher any deeper meaning. Yet, it was a great straight forward romance and better than most I've read! Do not fear, you will enjoy this if romance is what you're after!

Page: 1 | 2