ARRAY(0xb07ce414)

Profile for Joce > Reviews

Content by Joce

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Joce

Amazon.ca Rewards Visa Card from Chase
Amazon.ca Rewards Visa Card from Chase

4.0 out of 5 stars billing format online - PLEASE include .pdf format, May 28 2013
There are three features I really like about this card and they are what made us get it in the first place:
No fee
Cash back
No currency conversion fee

The only complaint I have, and it is really strong, is the fact that you can only download to Quicken/Money (which I don't like to do) or to Excel formats which gives an incomplete billing and you have to start pasting to get the whole picture for printing/record keeping. I really wish you would add a .pdf format to your options.

The Disappearance of the Universe: Straight Talk About Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness
by Gary R. Renard
Price: CDN$ 14.40
57 used & new from CDN$ 3.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Reads like a story!, Feb. 17 2012
I had a difficult time getting into it at first and put it away for a little while; however, when I started reading it again a few weeks later, I couldn't put it down and read the 408 pages within a week. Although it is a complex subject, it reads like a story once you get into it. I did a quick read this time so I am planning to re-read at least once more, but most probably a few more times so definitely worth buying.

Reiki: Universal Gift of God's Healing Love Level I and II Training Manual
Reiki: Universal Gift of God's Healing Love Level I and II Training Manual
by Eileen Curteis
Price: CDN$ 21.32
19 used & new from CDN$ 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Un outil merveilleux pour pratiquer ou enseigner Reiki/A wonderful tool to practice or teach Reiki, June 26 2011
(English version 2nd paragraph) J'ai reçu mon entraînement Reiki de Soeur Eileen et elle m'a passé le cadeau de la simplicité qu'est Reiki et elle passe bien cette même simplicité dans son livre. Tout y est couvert tels l'histoire, le système des chakras, scanning, suggestions pour se préparer pour un traitement, etc, mais sans entrer dans la technicalité; elle laisse de l'espace pour l'intuition et la guidance divine personnelle. Elle partage ses expériences de sa perspective chrétienne (tout en y incluant l'universalité de Reiki) et des témoignages de personnes ayant reçu des traitements ou l'entraînement ce qui rend le livre vivant et il se lit comme un livre d'histoire. Elle nous apporte au coeur de ce qu'est Reiki. Je recommande hautement ce livre comme une ligne directive et une inspiration dans votre pratique de Reiki./
I received my Reiki training from Sister Eileen and she gave me the gift of simplicity that is Reiki and she brings that same simplicity to her book. Everything is covered such as the history, the chakras system, scanning, pointers for preparing for a treatment, etc, but without becoming technical; she leaves space for intuition and personal divine guidance. She shares her experiences from a christian perspective (while including the universality of Reiki) and testimonials from people who received Reiki treatments or training which brings the book to life and it reads like a story book. She brings us to the heart of what Reiki is. I highly recommend this book as a guideline and an inspiration in your Reiki practice.

Ghost Whisperer: The Complete Series
Ghost Whisperer: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Jennifer Love Hewitt
Price: CDN$ 87.49
12 used & new from CDN$ 87.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy!, Feb. 1 2011
My husband and I have now watched disc 1-4 of Season 1 of Ghost Whisperer and have really enjoyed it so far and we were just commenting on how it was worth it for us to buy this series. It is quite a good show and we find we totally loose ourselves in it. We quite like the characters: Melinda, Jim and Andrea and we think the actors portraying them are excellent.