Profile for Bryan J. Amparo > Reviews

Content by Bryan J. Amparo

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Bryan J. Amparo (Oceanside, CA United States)

Rapid Fire (Widescreen)
Rapid Fire (Widescreen)
DVD ~ DVD
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 6.20
20 used & new from CDN$ 4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie......Disc defects!, May 2 2003
This review is from: Rapid Fire (Widescreen) (DVD)
Well, I just got my order of Rapid Fire today and just like some of the customers who posted an interview, I too am having slight problems with the disc. Actually, just 1 minor problem. It freezes in the middle of the fight in the bar just before Brandon fights the big man. I don't how it's possible for many people to have this same problem with different 'Rapid Fire' DVD discs. I thought it was either the disc or my DVD player. Luckily, I came here to and found out that I'm not the only one with this disc defect. I guess the company that made the Rapid Fire disc are the ones responsible(manufacture defect). Please correct me if I'm wrong on that one.
I've already found out from other people that they have returned their Rapid Fire disc to replace it with the same copy and still they have the same problem. I won't even bother returning it after finding this out.
Another problem I experience is the poor quality sound. I have Rapid Fire on tape. Actually, my dad recorded it on a tape in EP(extended play) when I was little and to this day the sound comes out better than the one on DVD. When I say that, I mean that in my tape, a punching sound can be heard and felt better than the one on DVD. The sound on DVD(gun shots, punches, etc.) was toned down a bit. I also have some other movies on DVD where some sounds cannot be heard or were toned down whereas on VHS, the sound effects are better heard.
Does anyone know why the "pause" happens in the bar fight? I once tried to fast forward it but it froze and nothing happens. I even tried to rewind, press stop, and even push the OFF button on my DVD player and it still wouldn't do anything. It completely froze my whole DVD player....then after 5 seconds it turned off cause I pressed the OFF button. Reminds me of my computer everytime it freezes. I guess it's because I have to fast forward right BEFORE it freezes, NOT WHILE it is frozen. Anyone here ever tried that?
Other than that, the movie was good. I've always like this movie and Brandon Lee is amazing. It's just that damn defect though that ruins my interest in watching the movie on DVD. Damn, now I have to resort to my VHS version, which I don't mind but the problem is, my VHS player isn't working at the moment. Heheh.
Well, that's it. Someone please respond back if you are in the same position as I am. Thanks!