Profile for kathy guinan > Reviews

Content by kathy guinan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

kathy guinan (dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada)

I've Got Your Number: A Novel
I've Got Your Number: A Novel
by Sophie Kinsella
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 400 pages never seam so short, April 5 2012
I Absolutly loved this book, this is the kind of book that you make sure to put down, just because you do not want it to end, in my opinion just as good as the Shopolalic series... i am crossing my fingures for a sequal. Defently a good bang for the buck.

Stefano Faita - Entre cuisine et bambini
Stefano Faita - Entre cuisine et bambini
by Stefano Faita

2.0 out of 5 stars not so great, Oct. 20 2011
Even if this book looked great, and i figured that i would get lot of ideas for me and my kids, it did not deliver. Unless you live close to Italy or and italien grocery store most of the ingredients for 90% of the recipes are very hard to find. I was unable to do most of these due to missing ingredients, and i dont live in a small town where international ingredients are hard to find, so i figured that i am mostly likely not the only one with this problem. However, the one that i did manage to try were good.

New Best Recipe
New Best Recipe
by Editors Of Cooks Illustrated
Price: CDN$ 24.44
36 used & new from CDN$ 15.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, my go to cook book, Oct. 20 2011
This review is from: New Best Recipe (Hardcover)
I absolutly love this cook book, one of the best buys i have done in a while. I have not tried one recipe in this book that did not turn out good. The only thing i can maybe say againts this book, is in some of the main dish recipes the ingredients are not common house hold items, but then again that is why we have groceries store.

The Power Of Six
The Power Of Six
by Pittacus Lore
Price: CDN$ 14.43
92 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Fantastic, Oct. 20 2011
This review is from: The Power Of Six (Hardcover)
I Know this book is a sequal, and i know that there was one book before and will be books after, however, reading it i felt like there was no begining and no real end, it really left me high and dry, i have read many sequals and most at least give you some sort of closure while still making you want more, with this one all i wanted was more. With this said, i did really enjoy the book, it was entertainting and action filled, I really like the way the author introduces the new arrivals, i cannot wait for the next one, in hopes that it will give me a little more closure.