countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for Shawn Berube > Reviews

Content by Shawn Berube

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shawn Berube

Lying
Lying
by Sam Harris
Price: CDN$ 18.24
36 used & new from CDN$ 7.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Truthfully...it's amazing!, Feb. 19 2016
This review is from: Lying (Hardcover)
Not many books can be said to have changed your life, let alone very short ones, but my attitude towards honestly has changed dramatically. It's such a simple concept that is spelled out perfectly in this book. My life is better by reading it.

Daily Rituals: How Artists Work
Daily Rituals: How Artists Work
by Mason Currey
Price: CDN$ 18.06
38 used & new from CDN$ 15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Mostly boring, Feb. 19 2016
I'm sure this book would be useful to an artist, but all I got from it was that artists have different rituals, which I already assumed. Most rituals were banal and I found myself skipping though many entries trying to find interesting details.

Never Let Me Go
Never Let Me Go
by Kazuo Ishiguro
Price: CDN$ 18.42
19 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, Feb. 19 2016
This review is from: Never Let Me Go (Paperback)
I loved this book. I'm blown away that it got a few bad reviews.

Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue
Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue
by Sam Harris
Price: CDN$ 22.76
48 used & new from CDN$ 11.85

5.0 out of 5 stars I had a huge amount of respect for Maajid before ..., Feb. 19 2016
I had a huge amount of respect for Maajid before I read this and My respect has only grown. I thought it would have been a much more uncomfortable conversation, but both really did have a dialogue. I found it hugely informative.

Packing for Mars: The Curious Science Of Life In The Void
Packing for Mars: The Curious Science Of Life In The Void
by Mary Roach
Price: CDN$ 30.05
37 used & new from CDN$ 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Feb. 20 2012
I'm on my 3rd book by Mary. Packing for Mars is excellent. Before I opened the book I really had no idea what the challenges were for a mission to mars. I thought landing a spacecraft on mars and getting off would be mostly what the book was about but I was completely amazed that the hardest thing to deal with in a mars mission is ourselves.

Definitely worth checking out.