Profile for Max > Reviews

Content by Max

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Max (Denmark)

Leave the Light on
Leave the Light on
Price: CDN$ 18.78
22 used & new from CDN$ 9.52

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise!!, Nov. 21 2003
This review is from: Leave the Light on (Audio CD)
Now I knew Beth Hart was good, I just didn't have any idea she was 'this' good. This is a fantastic cd - maybe the best I've heard all year!
If only we could get Beth Hart cd's placed in all of the Britney cd-covers - we would surprise a whole lot of people and might even let people know how music is supposed to sound.

Heart: Alive in Seattle
Heart: Alive in Seattle
DVD ~ Ann Wilson
Price: CDN$ 20.32
36 used & new from CDN$ 12.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Rock the house?, May 10 2003
This review is from: Heart: Alive in Seattle (DVD)
Well it ain't no "Rock the house live!". My expectations were very high just before I loaded the disc in my dvd. Maybe a little too high.
Not that there's anything wrong with "Alive in Seattle" - the sound is great, the band is great and the Wilson sisters are superb. But (and there is a "but") I expected a little more rock & roll. In other words... where the hell are songs like: "Fallen from Grace", "Shell shock", "Tall, Dark Handsome Stranger" and "Black on Black". Seems like the band totally forgot the impact a cd like "Brigade" had. I can fully understand that they might be tired of performing "All I wanna do is make love to you" and "Will you be there in the morning" - but there's a little too much of a mid-seventies-flower-child-trip going on here.
Well maybe I'm too critical... after all this dvd is truly soooo much better than most others on the market.
But Ann and Nancy... a little more power next time around please. (By the way, am lookin' forward to the upcoming cd).

Melissa Etheridge: Live... and Alone (Single Disc Edition) [Import]
Melissa Etheridge: Live... and Alone (Single Disc Edition) [Import]
DVD ~ DVD
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 45.95
6 used & new from CDN$ 18.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic!!, Dec 17 2002
Living in Denmark, I've never had the chance to see Melissa live. So the release of this dvd, was a personal highpoint for me in 2002. Eagerly awaiting the release and then having to wait for the shipment as well. But Halleluja! It was worth the wait. Melissa's voice is as strong as it's ever been and she is, I think, underrated as a guitarist... let's just say she can stand up to the best of the male guitarists. I've had the chance to show some of my friends the concert, and although they had no clue to who Melissa Etheridge were, they were totally amazed! As one friend put it, "You really know she is speaking the truth, when she sings". This is truly as honest and personal as it gets.
I recommend this as 2002's BEST BUY.