Profile for Kathryn Voye > Reviews

Content by Kathryn Voye

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kathryn Voye (Toronto, Canada)

The Rebel Diet: Break the Rules, Lose the Weight
The Rebel Diet: Break the Rules, Lose the Weight
by Melissa Hershberg
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A dream come true!!, Feb. 1 2010
It truly is an understatement to say that Melissa knows what she's talking about. I have actually been seeing Melissa for about 8 months, but my review is in no way biased. If I didn't believe in what she's teaching me, then I wouldn't feel it necessary to review her work.

Melissa is a genius, and a pleasure to see weekly should you decide that's a venue you want to pursue. I've been following her plans and though there have been bumps in the road, have lost a significant amount of weight, and it's been easy. Currently I'm following The Rebel Diet, and enjoying myself immensely. The book is informative, an easy read and so catchy and entertaining! I couldn't put it down, and to be perfectly honest, most days don't. It's not just a novel to me, it's a handbook. The recipes are delicious and completely satisfying, as are meal and snack options. My first two weeks on the plan I felt there is NO way I'm losing weight- it's impossible- because I didn't feel deprived and felt like I was eating SO well! Turns out, after only two weeks in I'd lost 5 pounds and just felt so great. And this was using the lowest calorie options! She's done so much research and it truly shows. The foods she recommends are so tasty and filling but most importantly, don't make me feel like I'm on a crash diet. It's a difficult balance, but The Rebel Diet truly teaches you how to strike that balance, and to mix and match your foods accordingly.

I can't praise this book (and her other book The Hershberg Diet) enough. I'm so happy to have stumbled across them, and Melissa, because for the last 8 months I've learned so much about eating, food and my body, and Melissa teaches these principles in such an understandable (and non-threatening) way. For the first time in my life I feel like I'm on the right path to achieving my weight loss goals, and being able to maintain them for the rest of my life- and it's all thanks to Melissa.

Kat Voye