Reviews

Content by A Customer

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Reviews Written by A Customer
The Presence
The Presence
by John Saul
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
81 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Review on "The Presence", Aug. 28 2002
I have recently just finished reading the book titled "The Presence." I feel that this book was really good. The reason why is because it gives you a feel of what the main character "Michael" is really going through. The book is about Michael having trouble with a bully at his school. When Michael's mom finds a job in Haleakala, Maui she decides that she should take it because it would be a whole lot better for Michael and his mom moved there. When he arrives there he starts having the same problem as he was in his other school but this time it is a little bit worse because there was more than just one bully. After a few weeks he starts making friends and he is having a really great time scuba diving and school. He even saved a life and made a friend all one day. Suddenly when something happens to Michael's best friend a horrible truth dawns.
Once you read the book you will really enjoy it. You will also want to read more of his books because his style is really cool. I have read a couple of John Saul's books and I have really understood what type of style he has and I really enjoy reading it. This book is some what like the book "Whispers" By: Dean Koontz.They are both kind talking about presences in a different way. If I were to choose which book would have a higher rate I would choose " The Presence" because it is a better, just how it slowly starts coming together than telling you the whole thing at once. If I rated this "Whispers" I would give it about a 3.5.The reason why is because at first the book really starts off at a fast pace. I really recomend "The Presence" to all of my friends and family members because it is a really great choice of book for anyone into mystery and horror types of books.