Profile for S. Gatien > Reviews

Content by S. Gatien

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. Gatien "Sooph1e" (Montreal, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Never Look Away
Never Look Away
by Linwood Barclay
Price: CDN$ 12.96
18 used & new from CDN$ 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be able to look away once you star reading!, Nov. 11 2014
This review is from: Never Look Away (Paperback)
This book kept me up all night and I read it in one sitting. Reminiscent of the "Gone Girl" type of storyline. Psychological thriller that will make your heart race along with your mind. Wonderfully written, I loved it.

5 Pcs Glitter Crystal Assorted Color Bowtie 3.5mm Dust-proof Earphone Plug Ear Cap Jack

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, Nov. 11 2014
I had to re-glue the bow on the plastic tip but for that price I don't mind. Very CUTE and adorable way to protect your phone from the crumby bottom of your bag or pockets :) Really enjoy it <3
Item arrived super fast too!

JUJEO MHC-C5303-04H Bling Rhinestone Starry Sky Electroplating Hard Case for Sony Xperia SP C5303 C5302 C5306 M35h - Non-Retail Packaging - Blue
Price: CDN$ 21.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived CRACKED and BROKE within 24 hours, Nov. 11 2014
The item arrived CRACKED and missing some rhinestones, that were loosely hanging in the packaging. This is unacceptable for a 20$ phone case!!! I have had it for 24 hours and I am very careful with my things, yet I noticed a chip on the upper corner.
I feel ripped off. I love the way it looks but I can't touch it without noticing new flaws!! On top of that I ordered the item in September and received it yesterday... Already BROKEN and FALLING APART.
Extremely disappointed and angry. Would not recommand this product to anyone.

An Abundance of Katherines
An Abundance of Katherines
by John Green
Price: CDN$ 9.89
42 used & new from CDN$ 4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Cocky and Fun, June 28 2013
As always, Green's quick wit and adorably annoying characters get straight to your heart. I loved who well written the book was. A great show of resilience and friendship.

Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
by Lauren Weisberger
Price: CDN$ 18.80
189 used & new from CDN$ 0.03

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, June 28 2013
If someone told me Weisberger had written this sequel at gun point I would believe it without a doubt. The writing was well done, as per usual, but the whole book felt forced. Marketing coup at it's greatest you find Andrea Sach, character that we all enjoyed in "Devil wears Prada" now experiencing life 10 years later. The timetable is all messed up and hard to follow, end is extremely disappointing. I'd still recommend you read it, but rent it from the library.

Never Saw It Coming
Never Saw It Coming
by Linwood Barclay
Price: CDN$ 7.19
21 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quick read, June 28 2013
This review is from: Never Saw It Coming (Paperback)
Another well written and fast paced novel. Character build up is amazing and you won't want to put this book down. Only negative aspect is the ending. Find out for yourself :)

I Don't Want to be Crazy
I Don't Want to be Crazy
by Samantha Schutz
Price: CDN$ 9.99
13 used & new from CDN$ 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivid and heartwrenching, May 18 2013
If you've never had panic attacks this book will be Chinese to you. But, if you ever dealt with that you will find it described in a way where the structure is so vividly true it goes straight to your guts. I wouldn't have been able to describe the issue better. I wasn't too hot about the poetry part, but it's more like entries in a journal and works for the style.
Adored it.

Reconstructing Amelia: A Novel
Reconstructing Amelia: A Novel
by Kimberly Mccreight
Price: CDN$ 17.63
43 used & new from CDN$ 1.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of 2013, May 18 2013
I was surprised by how engrossed I became with this novel. This is an author to put on your watch list. Fast paced, incredibly well constructed and with deep characters, you won't be able to put this book down. I'd definitely recommend for every type of readers. Not particularly aimed at teenagers, this novel brushes the subject of adulthood and teenage years. A little on the gossip girl side, I hope there would have been a couple hundred pages more. Loved, loved, loved this piece of art.
INCREDIBLE!

Cut
Cut
by Patricia McCormick
Price: CDN$ 9.49
30 used & new from CDN$ 2.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, April 30 2013
This review is from: Cut (Paperback)
Although the author did a good job describing the mental issue, it felt as if she didn't understand it herself and kind of copy/pasted from a textbook. Lacks depth but still was an interesting read.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: CDN$ 14.43
62 used & new from CDN$ 9.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 30 2013
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Hardcover)
The way Green builds and describes his characters is completely compelling. I was amazed by how quickly I became engrossed in his writing and how much the characters got to me. I loved the complexity, the use of metaphors and the descriptions of a dying teenager's thoughts. Very vivid and extremely touching. Would recommend to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5