ARRAY(0xc25f9678)

Profile for S. Gatien > Reviews

Content by S. Gatien

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. Gatien "Sooph1e" (Montreal, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
An Abundance of Katherines
An Abundance of Katherines
by John Green
Price: CDN$ 9.89
50 used & new from CDN$ 3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Cocky and Fun, June 28 2013
As always, Green's quick wit and adorably annoying characters get straight to your heart. I loved who well written the book was. A great show of resilience and friendship.

Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
by Lauren Weisberger
Price: CDN$ 18.80
104 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, June 28 2013
If someone told me Weisberger had written this sequel at gun point I would believe it without a doubt. The writing was well done, as per usual, but the whole book felt forced. Marketing coup at it's greatest you find Andrea Sach, character that we all enjoyed in "Devil wears Prada" now experiencing life 10 years later. The timetable is all messed up and hard to follow, end is extremely disappointing. I'd still recommend you read it, but rent it from the library.

Never Saw It Coming
Never Saw It Coming
by Linwood Barclay
Price: CDN$ 7.59
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quick read, June 28 2013
This review is from: Never Saw It Coming (Paperback)
Another well written and fast paced novel. Character build up is amazing and you won't want to put this book down. Only negative aspect is the ending. Find out for yourself :)

I Don't Want to be Crazy
I Don't Want to be Crazy
by Samantha Schutz
Price: CDN$ 9.49
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivid and heartwrenching, May 18 2013
If you've never had panic attacks this book will be Chinese to you. But, if you ever dealt with that you will find it described in a way where the structure is so vividly true it goes straight to your guts. I wouldn't have been able to describe the issue better. I wasn't too hot about the poetry part, but it's more like entries in a journal and works for the style.
Adored it.

Reconstructing Amelia: A Novel
Reconstructing Amelia: A Novel
by Kimberly Mccreight
Price: CDN$ 17.55
34 used & new from CDN$ 17.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of 2013, May 18 2013
I was surprised by how engrossed I became with this novel. This is an author to put on your watch list. Fast paced, incredibly well constructed and with deep characters, you won't be able to put this book down. I'd definitely recommend for every type of readers. Not particularly aimed at teenagers, this novel brushes the subject of adulthood and teenage years. A little on the gossip girl side, I hope there would have been a couple hundred pages more. Loved, loved, loved this piece of art.
INCREDIBLE!

Cut
Cut
by Patricia McCormick
Price: CDN$ 9.49
39 used & new from CDN$ 1.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, April 30 2013
This review is from: Cut (Paperback)
Although the author did a good job describing the mental issue, it felt as if she didn't understand it herself and kind of copy/pasted from a textbook. Lacks depth but still was an interesting read.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: CDN$ 14.43
57 used & new from CDN$ 8.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 30 2013
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Hardcover)
The way Green builds and describes his characters is completely compelling. I was amazed by how quickly I became engrossed in his writing and how much the characters got to me. I loved the complexity, the use of metaphors and the descriptions of a dying teenager's thoughts. Very vivid and extremely touching. Would recommend to anyone.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Monotone, April 30 2013
For the first time in my life, I stopped reading the book at some point. It was un-remarkable, lacked depth and there was no storyline. It was kind of like being in someone's mind, minute by minute but the person being completely meaningless. I bought it because I thought "Room" was a real piece of art, one of the best novel I've ever read. Very disappointed in Donoghue.

Witness
Witness
by Cath Staincliffe
Price: CDN$ 19.91
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, April 30 2013
This review is from: Witness (Paperback)
Although not memorable, I quite enjoyed this book written from different view points. Staincliffe knows how to captivate the readers. Not her best work but I'd still recommand it.

When in Doubt, Add Butter
When in Doubt, Add Butter
by Beth Harbison
Price: CDN$ 18.80
54 used & new from CDN$ 0.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, March 6 2013
I expect alot from Harbison and this book didn't really deliver in my opinion. You learn more about cooking than anything else. There really isn't much of a lesson there. I'd recommand this as a beach read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5