Profile for babyrn@visuallink.com > Reviews

Content by babyrn@visuall...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

babyrn@visuallink.com (Winchester, Virginia)

Diary of a Midwife: The Power of Positive Childbearing
Diary of a Midwife: The Power of Positive Childbearing
by Juliana van Olphen-Fehr
Price: CDN$ 38.14
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Juliana has truly been an American Hero for Midwifery, May 26 1999
I am currently a Nurse-Midwifery student in Ms. Fehr's program. She has throughout our program shared her stories and hopes for the field of Midwifery. Her book offers the reader a touch of her inner beauty and her Midwifery wisdom. I read this book while recovering from surgery and found her text to be uplifting and insightful at a very tender time for me. I feel entirely priviledged to study the art of Midwifery from a "hero", especially in our home state of Virginia. I have purchased several copies of this book to share with the Labor and Delivery nurses of our local hospital, my dearest friends, and my family members so that they may begin to understand why Midwifery should be the standard of care for normal, healthy, pregnant women. I know Juliana personally and she has not hidden anything within the lines of her book. She has been an heaven-sent mentor for me and for the women of our community. I have truly been blessed with her presence in my life.

Hearts and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
Hearts and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
by Elizabeth Davis
18 used & new from CDN$ 16.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful book promoting the essence of Midwifery, Jan. 9 1999
This tender book has given me, as a student Nurse-Midwife, a precious insight to the essence of Midwifery that has gotten lost for some. In the midst of Midwifery school where details on the hows of birth are heavily concentrated on I pick up this book when I need to 'feel' that deep-seeded passion that Midwives have for their careers and their precious patients. The text is simply written, but also complex in its coverage of many aspects of birth. Ms. Davis does a fantastic job giving an explanation to the psychological and mystical events surrounding birth. Thank goodness that this sister Midwife shares her insight and experience with those of us who are doing everything we can to learn this challenging information.

Varney's Midwifery
Varney's Midwifery
by Varney
11 used & new from CDN$ 42.33

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource for Nurse-Midwives of all types, Dec 4 1998
This review is from: Varney's Midwifery (Hardcover)
I am currently a Nurse-Midwifery Student in Northern Virginia and have found Varney's to be an excellent resource for students. I have read it from cover to cover many times and find that the scientific rationale provided in the chapters of the text help guide a new Midwife into this challenging and stimulating field of work. Ms. Varney is complex in her review of the care of women throughout their lifecycle. I have used this book so much that I also purchased 'The Pocket Midwife' to be a handy reference to the text. Although I may not practice all of the skills taught within the text, they were certainly thought provoking. I am sure to continue to read and reread this text in my preparation for starting my long-awaited career as a Nurse-Midwife! We are blessed that Ms. Varney has offered students a comprehensive and insightful text of Nurse-Midwifery! Thank you!