Profile for Matt Wudtke > Reviews

Content by Matt Wudtke

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Matt Wudtke (Sheridan, WY USA)

Cowboyography
Cowboyography
Price: CDN$ 14.41
26 used & new from CDN$ 8.46

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest artist ever....period!!, Oct. 4 2000
This review is from: Cowboyography (Audio CD)
Ian Tyson's music IS the west. You can tell in every song that he lives the life he sings about. Having worked on ranches throughout the west for a good portion of my life, I find Ians' music to be absolute magic.....every verse paints a vivid picture in my mind that brings back memories of times that you can only know of if you've been there. To truly appreciate his music, I believe living the western ranch life is essential---it would always be fabulous music, but if you haven't seen the herds of cattle, gotten caught in a sudden thunderstorm high in the Bighorns, or ridden the trails into the rimrock with only your horse as company, it just couldn't be the same. I've worn out at least two of every record he has ever made, and I'm now switching to c.d's. I've also seen him in concert twice, and let me tell you, it just doesn't get any better. If you think the albums are good...seeing him in person is awesome! He's got a sound that you just don't ever get tired of. It's kind of like hearing the wind blowing through the pines and the sagebrush up outside of Longview....you could sit and listen forever. This album, COWBOYOGRAPHY, is in my opinion the greatest collection of songs ever assembled...in any genre. And the song entitled SUMMER WAGES....well it's absolutely the best song ever written---pure, plain, and simple. Keep 'em coming, Ian.