6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Most Underrated Game of 2011., Jan 12 2012
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Ever wanted an adventure game with similar gameplay to Call of Duty or any other of your favourite first person shooters? Ever wished Fallout 3 (or New Vegas) had more of an intriguing combat gameplay (apart from V.A.T.S., which I'm getting pretty tired of) with more fast-paced action and realism? Well RAGE is exactly what you'd be looking for. You're the last survivor of a spaceship that's been contouring apocalyptic earth for quite a while now. And you're the last "oriented" human in the world basically. There's mutants, gangs, bandits, clans and a government that want nothing more than to stop you from whatever you chose to do. The visual detail in this game is phenomenal. The map is larger than Fallout 3 or Skyrim, and the graphics are AMAZING. The first thing you'll say when you walk out of that spaceship is "HOLY SHIZZLE, DAT'S SUM FINE VISUALS". The weapons feel right and easy to use (as they should be, being designed by the makers of Quake and Doom. The people who started FPS's). You also get to drive vehicles with big guns on them, enough said. Although driving around may sometimes feel long and repetitive, they did this to increase the feel of exploration and scale given to the player. I think this is an absolute must have for FPS and off-road racing game fans. Why not get the game made by the people who started the entire franchise?
- Stunning, I mean STUNNING visuals.
- Great gameplay, intriguing arsenal of weapons (Crossbows included).
- Hard difficulty recommended (Nightmare if you've got the cojones).
- Enemies are evenly diversified and have good AI, along with realistic animations.
- Setting and story are easy to understand.
- IT'S DIFFERENT!
- Driving places might feel repetitive or boring.
- Only human enemies, no freakishly deformed bears?
- Seems similar to the game borderlands, although I find it improves on it in every aspect.
- For Xbox 360, there are three separate discs.
Overall, there's not many bad things I have to say about this game. SO GO BUY IT!!!