Profile for J. Kaas > Reviews

Content by J. Kaas

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

J. Kaas (Welland, Ontario)

Page: 1 | 2
Closer
Closer
Price: CDN$ 8.47
65 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, an essential cd., April 14 2004
This review is from: Closer (Audio CD)
Excellent cd. I love this cd. I constantly listen to it. It is a great cd for a quiet mood. Josh's voice is absolutley mesmorizing, especially the songs that aren't in English. I am not at all disappointed that they did not include the lyrics in English, it is still fun to follow along. I cannot wait until the next cd comes out, though I do not see how it could be any better.

As Time Goes By…The Great American Songbook Volume  II
As Time Goes By…The Great American Songbook Volume II
Price: CDN$ 7.87
53 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 14 2004
Rod Stewart is a great singer. His hits are timeless, but he can't sing the classics. His voice si not designed for the slower songs. He appears to be rather monotoneous and does not sound at all lke his other albums. Unless this is playing very low in the background, it does not sound very good.

Men With Brooms
Men With Brooms
DVD ~ Paul Gross
Price: CDN$ 8.99
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Canadian Flick, April 8 2004
This review is from: Men With Brooms (DVD)
Curling is Canada's national sport. The movie comes through as an excellent example of this. It's funny, with crazy Canadian humour that only we would get. Paul Gross does an excellent job and Leslie Neilsen is hilarious. You will not stop laughing when you watch this.

Saving Silverman (R) (Bilingual)
Saving Silverman (R) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jason Biggs
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 60.80
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, March 12 2004
This movie is excellent. It's true that the writing is not possibly the best, but there are so many slapstick stunts, and people doing stupid things, that this movie is hilarious. It is funny from beginning to end, and it is fast paced. Excellent acting, excellent directing, funny characters. A must see!!

Crash
Crash
Price: CDN$ 9.26
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, Dec 9 2003
This review is from: Crash (Audio CD)
This cd is the greatest of Dave Matthews Band. I have heard his other songs, I have some of his other stuff but this is the cd that I keep returning to. It is perfect for car trips or just relaxing. The song Two Step is amazing, it's absolutely phenomonal. The rest of the songs on the album are great, this album is absolutley a work of art. The album flows together, it is a must have for any collection.

A Christmas Gift For You From
A Christmas Gift For You From
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 22.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 0.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, Nov. 28 2003
I am 19 years old. This album is older than me but it's what I grew up on for Christmas music. I absolutley love this record, and I am so excited to see it on CD. From beginning to end this album is played several times in my house every year, because I love it so much. You will not be disappointed.

North Country
North Country
Price: CDN$ 14.72
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Oct. 6 2003
This review is from: North Country (Audio CD)
The Rankin Family is a little known group from Cape Breton. Their music is excellent for celtic music. This album includes North Country, Lisa Brown, the hilarious Mull River Shuffle, and Rise Again which had lots of radio play in the early 1990's. It is definantly a cd must have for every Canadian.

Canon i320 Color Bubble Jet Printer
Canon i320 Color Bubble Jet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, June 15 2003
This printer surprised me. For being the price that it is, (cheaper than replacing the ink in my HP) it is super. If the instructions are followed, it is very easily installed in under 10 minutes. It is small and lightweight, but powerful. It is alot faster than my other printer and the black ink is powerful also. The photos really shocked me though. With the enclosed photo paper, my digital photos looked better printed from this printer than getting them professionally printed from a photo-finishing website. This printer is one of the best in it's class, and unlike HP the ink is affordable.

Dawson's Creek : The First Season
Dawson's Creek : The First Season
DVD ~ James Van Der Beek
Price: CDN$ 11.98
31 used & new from CDN$ 2.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shows, May 18 2003
Dawson's Creek is an absolutely captivating show. I was so excited when I saw that they put the first season out on DVD. I am slightly disappointed with the special features. There aren't many and the ones that are there seem long and boring, but the ability to pop in the DVD and watch any episode at any given time far outweighs any of the cons of this DVD. It is definantly worth the money.

Dave Matthews And Tim Reynolds Live At Luther College
Dave Matthews And Tim Reynolds Live At Luther College
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 16.90
39 used & new from CDN$ 1.44

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best CDs, April 6 2002
This album could easily be called The Best Of Dave Matthews. Every single song on this album is superb. It is a different type of album because all the songs are live and guitar only. His voice sounds so smooth and relaxing on this and the guitar is among the best I've ever heard. If you love this type of music then you will not waste your money. It is an excellent choice and great to listen to when you want some down time (e.g. studying for a test or doing homework). It's worth it for the guitar alone.

Page: 1 | 2