march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family
Profile for Amy VG > Reviews

Content by Amy VG
Top Reviewer Ranking: 407

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amy VG (BC)

by Peggy Tillman
Price: CDN$ 24.88
19 used & new from CDN$ 24.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Super clear and easy to grasp, April 20 2014
I have had this book for over a year, when I adopted my Golden puppy. I did some clicker training with him, as well as, went to a clicker training class. But I found clicker training confusing sometimes, and I didn't understand the benefits and "rules" clearly. I have just finished rereading this book and have had a lot of "aha" moments. I wish I had tried a bit harder to figure it out, because I am now applying these exercises with amazing results. I have been lucky my Golden often helps me out and meets me halfway when we train together. Thankfully, with my better understanding, I hope I will not confuse myself and my new addition to the family: a Brittany puppy. This is a great beginning book! Super clear and easy to grasp!

The Nativity
The Nativity
by Ruth Sanderson
Price: CDN$ 20.00
35 used & new from CDN$ 11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, March 27 2014
This review is from: The Nativity (Paperback)
My children and I love this book. We love the work of Ruth Sanderson and her story and art of the Nativity is lovely. Highly Recommend!

Best Day
Best Day
Price: CDN$ 29.83
6 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So lovely!, March 27 2014
This review is from: Best Day (Audio CD)
I have all the Dala CDs. And I do love them all, but this one is by far their best work. My children and I listen to it all the time. For such young girls, their lyrics are so profound and are deep with meaning. Filled with wisdom. What I also love with their music is that its wholesome and full of depth, so I am comfortable with my three children: 11, 9, 7 to listen.

Kingdom Of God Is Like
Kingdom Of God Is Like
by Keating Thomas
19 used & new from CDN$ 1.04

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this little treasure!, March 27 2014
This review is from: Kingdom Of God Is Like (Hardcover)
I find the writings of Thomas Keating to really speak to me, right to my heart. The little chapters in this book allows me to read one a day and really contemplate the parable. Father Thomas, as always, seems to get right to the heart of the teaching. Such beauty. Thank you!

Psalms For Young Children
Psalms For Young Children
by Marie-Helene Delval
Price: CDN$ 15.75
42 used & new from CDN$ 14.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Intro!, March 27 2014
I find the psalms a bit tricky for me to explore with my children, as I feel some of the wording harsh and of the concepts difficult to understand. The short snippets in Psalms For Young Children of some of the psalms has been perfect to begin to explore the rich poetry of the psalms. Another helpful book I found has been wonderful is Psalms for Praying: An Invitation to Wholeness by Nan Merrill. She has reworded the psalms in positive phases. My 11 yr old and 9 yr old can now hear the psalms in a new way: a beautiful, heart opening way. Psalms for Praying is still too much for my 7 yr old to understand so Psalms for Young Children is perfect for her.

Tapestries: Stories of Women in the Bible
Tapestries: Stories of Women in the Bible
by Ruth Sanderson
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful!, March 27 2014
My children and I have been enjoying this book immensely. We love Ruth Sanderson's work, as we have several of her children's books. This book offers one page stories of the women of the bible. It's been fun exploring the bible with this companion.

What We Do in Lent
What We Do in Lent
by Reverend Anne E Kitch
Price: CDN$ 13.00
23 used & new from CDN$ 5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great intro and activities to learn about lent, March 27 2014
This review is from: What We Do in Lent (Paperback)
This has been a great guide for my children's journey through lent. We like reading the one line scripture readings on each page, plus the worksheets to explore the stories and ideas of the lenten season within the Anglican faith. There have been a few typos which is why I only give this 4-stars. For example, the word search spelt "temptation" incorrectly.

Journey To The Heart
Journey To The Heart
by Frank Jelenek
Price: CDN$ 15.79
38 used & new from CDN$ 8.64

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a perfect intro to prayer for my children, March 27 2014
This review is from: Journey To The Heart (Paperback)
I have been looking for a children's book to share my love of Centering Prayer. The author uses the most moving words to describe the experience in terms that my three children (11, 9, and 7) can understand and use. Really captures the heart of the practice. I have several meditation style books written for children, and this one is by far the best. Highly recommend!

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger
Price: CDN$ 14.36
74 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful. Poetic. One of the best novels I've read., May 18 2010
Beautiful. Poetic. One of the best novels I've read. The Time Travelers Wife is such a lovely, yet authentic, love story with a very unique twist. It touches every emotion. I loved every minute of it. It's the kind of novel I will read over and over again.

One Hundred Days of Solitude: Losing Myself and Finding Grace on a Zen Retreat
One Hundred Days of Solitude: Losing Myself and Finding Grace on a Zen Retreat
by Jane Dobisz
Price: CDN$ 14.80
26 used & new from CDN$ 6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Snippets of Wisdom, May 15 2010
One Hundred Days of Solitude by Jane Dobisz was a delight to read. Definitely full of snippets of wisdom. The reader can learn a lot about the unique Zen Buddhist philosophy by reading her experiences, as Dobisz has a knack of teaching through writing about her own personal practice. I think this would be a great book for someone who does not know the basics of Buddhism, because Dobisz eases the teachings using examples of common human experiences we all share. Lovely. Great reminders for those already on the path as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16