Profile for Nath Drouin > Reviews

Content by Nath Drouin

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Nath Drouin "tell me about books" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Odd Apocalypse: An Odd Thomas Novel
Odd Apocalypse: An Odd Thomas Novel
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.
Price: CDN$ 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars masterpiece, Dec 30 2013
Coming back to Odd Thomas after a desappointing last book, this one is everything Odd should be. It is poetic, scientific, inventif etc. Not since Brother Odd was this serie right on track. Great, great story.

The 4400: The Complete Series
The 4400: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Mahershala Ali
Price: CDN$ 55.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 42.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 3.5 stars, July 18 2012
The idea for this serie is good but the acting is awful. It keeps me from enjoying the serie more. I have to admit that I only watch season 1 because this is something I watch when there is nothing else on tv. I will watch the rest this summer. It's so misterious, I just have to.

Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
DVD ~ Hugh Bonneville
Offered by GenieStore
Price: CDN$ 16.52
38 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars To bad I can't give it 6 or 7 stars, April 27 2012
I am a big fan of Downton Abbey. This is the perfect british serie. Love all the charaters. There is a lite comic releve once in a while. Can wait for january 2013

Lightning
Lightning
by Dean Koontz
Price: CDN$ 7.59
85 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but hate the love story, Feb. 20 2011
This review is from: Lightning (Mass Market Paperback)
OH!Come on. How can a great idea such as time traveling mix with a misterious guardian angel end up being a stupid and predictable love story. Why couldn't the guardian be a relative sent to save Shane because she would give birth to the greatest scientist ever who would cure whatever.

This book can be read 20 words per page and still no miss on think. I will definitely never by another Koontz book.

Absolute Power
Absolute Power
115 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Annoying, Sept. 3 2010
I am so annoyed with this book it took me a month to read it. I wanted so bad for the premise to be good. How often to you hear about an original story line. This book is way to long. At best there is about 150 pages worth of material. All of the characters have to much useless background which doesn't move the story along. I fond myself skipping hold section about lawyers and firms which made me less mad at this rag.

I also notice how Jack makes me thing he is the same guy as Sean in the King and Maxwell serie. Keep your money, buy something else.

Divine Justice
Divine Justice
Price: CDN$ 11.69
152 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars What great fun!, April 26 2010
If you haven't read about the Camel Club gang, you should. Before you read this one, do yourself a favor and start with The Camel Club and read yourself to this one. The stories sort of continues from book one to Divine Justice. I suppose you can pick this one and very much enjoy it but the gang is so endearing, it's worth the read.

Baldacci has a nice prose and with short chapters, you can read while making dinner, waiting for the kids to get ready. Very good beach book.

The Collectors
The Collectors
Price: CDN$ 10.79
190 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice read., April 16 2010
This is the second book about the camel club. At the beginning of the book, there is two story and I never saw how it would fit together but I was plaisantly surprised. I would recommend this book just for the twist. The characters are very likable. Nice little read while waiting for the great one to come along. Enjoy!

Seven Deadly Wonders
Seven Deadly Wonders
by Matthew Reilly
Price: CDN$ 9.49
100 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fluff I ever read, Jan. 13 2010
I started the serie backward with book 2. I loved that book Six Sacred Stones CDI order this one. I have to admit, six sacred stone was better for me but if you read and once in a while your refer yourself to the internet to see image of the places he's writing about these book becomes great. Yes, the action is amazing and of course Jack West Jr. will never die, but if you don't take it seriously, you will enjoy a great read. I highly recommend it. I couldn't wait for his last one that just came out. Have fun!

30 Rock: Season 1
30 Rock: Season 1
DVD ~ Tina Fey
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 28.86
44 used & new from CDN$ 4.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 rock rocks, Nov. 4 2009
This review is from: 30 Rock: Season 1 (DVD)
Watching this serie is like watching real people in a real work place. Kenneth, Liz and the gang are the best ensemble since Fraser. Smart, accurate and funny. If you want is serie to watch on the treadmill, this is it.

The Bark Of The Dogwood: A Tour Of Southern Homes And Gardens
The Bark Of The Dogwood: A Tour Of Southern Homes And Gardens
by Jackson Tippett McCrae
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully witty, Oct. 30 2009
If you like story telling, you will enjoy this one. Very well put together and very funny. Yes ok, the story will take you somewhere that is hard to believe but just one tiny chapter. Witty, charming and faux honest. Mccrae is my favorite writer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4