ARRAY(0xb058484c)

Profile for Tim > Reviews

Content by Tim

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tim (Myerstown , PA USA)

Horse Soldiers
Horse Soldiers
VHS
Offered by WonderBook-USA
Price: CDN$ 23.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good John Wayne Film, July 12 2001
This review is from: Horse Soldiers (VHS Tape)
The first time I saw this movie, I thought that it was a pretty good film. I was at my Grandma's house. Her husband who is a John Wayne nut, has the John Wayne scrapbook. I then found the movie in the book and read about it. I thought that it was pretty cool to see John Wayne and William Holden team up. What I find sort of ironic is that, the roll of Constance Towers' maid is played by athlete Althea Gibson, who must have really kicked ... at tennis at that time. Then again though, in 1959, if a black was in a film, they usually were butlers or maids. I am not black, but I get a kick out of that. Now I want to watch this film again to see wether or not the weapons used by the Troopers fit the period or don't, which what I usually end noticing in some of Duke's films.

Dead Center: A Marine Sniper's Two-Year Odyssey in the Vietnam War
Dead Center: A Marine Sniper's Two-Year Odyssey in the Vietnam War
by Ed Kugler
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars [BUTT] KICKER BOOK, July 9 2001
I read this book in my ninth grade English class and loved it. What I like about this book is that it shows Vietnam when we were there, but when we did the Clandestine operations of the early and mid-60s. My favorite part of the book is when Kug, showing some new guys that you can't be wuss out, climbs to the top of a hill, at night and in enemy territory, shouts "...!" If you are interested in Veitnam or in snipers, this is the book for you.

The Guns of the South
The Guns of the South
by Harry Turtledove
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
106 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat Book, June 15 2001
I read this book while in eighth grade. My one friend who is a Civil War freak told me about it. At first, the idea of R. E. Lee holding an Ak-47 seemed really retarded. I did get the book, though. After five pages into it, I couldn't put it down. I recomend it to any Civil War Buff. The only thing that I didn't like was the politics. I found them boring as Hell! Other than that, Harry Turtldove knows how to make something that sounds totally stupid into a really cool story.

Alamo, the
Alamo, the
VHS
2 used & new from CDN$ 4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, June 14 2001
This review is from: Alamo, the (VHS Tape)
This movie was the first John Wayne movie that I ever watched. It is most definately one of my favorites. Besides, of course, John Wayne, I like Richard Widmark's part in this movie. I encourage this movie to anyone who likes: Duke, Duke's westerns, or just a long and good movie.