Profile for E. D. Keithcart > Reviews

Content by E. D. Keithcart

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

E. D. Keithcart (Seattle, WA USA)

The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers
The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers
by Christopher Vogler
19 used & new from CDN$ 5.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid material for serious writers, Dec 30 2003
Are you are humble enough to admit you don't know exactly why bestselling movies and books are so popular?
This book will show you the structure and framework behind some popular movies and explain why these common plot structures work so well.
I'm definitely keeping this one on my shelf and using it as a reference. The only reason it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is I would have liked more charts, outlines, etc. to illustrate the ideas presented the in the text.

The Path of Daggers: Book Eight of 'The Wheel of Time'
The Path of Daggers: Book Eight of 'The Wheel of Time'
by Robert Jordan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49
120 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A review from someone who WON'T read this book!, Jan. 3 2000
Thank all of you for saving me from wasting many useful hours of my life on more of Jordan's plodding work! I am glad I read the reviews before I went out and bought it... I am so sick of his characters, especially the annoying man-hating women. If you want to read a good fantasy book, drop Jordan and check out:
Rhapsody: Child of Blood (by Elizabeth Haydon) or A Game of Thrones (by George R.R. Martin)
You'll see from everyone's reviews on Amazon.com that these books are well worth your time!
Do what I did - kick the Jordan habit! You'll respect yourself more if you never read another WOT book =)

River God
River God
by Wilbur Smith
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype!, Dec 6 1999
Ce commentaire est de: River God (Mass Market Paperback)
This book had made it to my "top 10 all time favorites"... it will really move you. It SHOULD move you, if you're in touch with humanity. A veritable roller-coaster of emotions, it's a wonderful trip. Enjoy the ride! (The "sequel", The Seventh Scroll, I would rate 4 stars and very much worth reading, but doesn't have the emotional impact of this story.)