Profile for Cila Shimon > Reviews

Content by Cila Shimon

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Cila Shimon "snoopy" (Toronto, Canada)

Behind the Pine Curtain
Behind the Pine Curtain
by Gerri Hill
Price: CDN$ 15.29
31 used & new from CDN$ 5.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Why Change a good thing -, Sept. 29 2006
Ce commentaire est de: Behind the Pine Curtain (Paperback)
I have read all of Gerri Hill's books and it's upsetting to see an author change a good thing. I thought this was a formula book. This seems to be the theme of the year for Lesbian writers - childhood friends fall in love. It was too quick with no real feelings for the characters. I felt I didn't get to know the Jackie or Kay, or really care.

Hunter's Way another Hill book is an excellent book with good characters a good plot and a story that kept me interested.

I wonder if the writer was just pressured to get something out as quick as possible by her editors and we the readers suffer -

Under the Witness Tree
Under the Witness Tree
by Marianne K. Martin
Price: CDN$ 11.64
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars What a waste, Sept. 29 2006
Ce commentaire est de: Under the Witness Tree (Paperback)
I loved reading Love in the Balance over and over. Martin had a wonderful romantic way of creating characters you could relate to or wished you had as friends. I was so disappointed with this book. There was no substane the story was boring the characters didn't hold my interest or make me care. The story was far fetched but it wasn't even interesting.

Very disappointing for a writer that has written some winners.

Forever Found
Forever Found
by Jlee Meyer
Price: CDN$ 16.75
22 used & new from CDN$ 7.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, Sept. 29 2006
Ce commentaire est de: Forever Found (Paperback)
I loved this book. For a first time writer JL Meyer is very good!. I loved the story of 2 child hood friends who are ripped apart at a young age becasue one of the fathers is a bitter alcoholic. They meet later under tragic circumstances and try to work through pain and disappoinments. I wish some of the characters were more developed. It was a good cuddling on the couch kind of book.

Under the Gun
Under the Gun
by Lori L. Lake
13 used & new from CDN$ 17.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is the Passion, Sept. 29 2006
Ce commentaire est de: Under the Gun (Paperback)
I have read all 3 of the Gun series books and although Lori is a good writer, I find she is to descriptive and detail oriented. There were paragraphs I had to skip because there was too much verbage. It also bugs me when the book is obviously a love story but no real action. I would really like to read about the SEX.

It is so erotic and very romantic when you can feel what they feel when they consummate their love.

It reminded me of a time when lesbians couldn't write about making love or how 2 women in love could actually have sex.

I was very frustrated because the characters are so well written.

I doubt I'll buy any more of her books. I think she needs to take lessons from Radclyffe or Lyn Ames - and fulfill my fantasies

The Light Fantastic
The Light Fantastic
by La Tucker
13 used & new from CDN$ 21.46

5.0 out of 5 stars First time a winner, Sept. 29 2006
Ce commentaire est de: The Light Fantastic (Paperback)
I loved the story - The story is about a small town in the east where a famous actress lives with her family. She meets and falls for the local librarian. I hate it when people give too much away so I'll stop here. I have to say the story was cleverly written, charming and funny. La Tucker created wonderful characters who are quirky and funny.

I had a hard time putting the book down but this deserves a definite 2 thumbs up.

I hope there are more books to come!!!