Profile for bookmaniac01 > Reviews

Content by bookmaniac01

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

bookmaniac01

Shadow Falls: The Beginning: Born at Midnight and Awake at Dawn
Shadow Falls: The Beginning: Born at Midnight and Awake at Dawn
by C. C. Hunter
Price: CDN$ 9.50
49 used & new from CDN$ 2.17

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, March 12 2014
Really good story with non-typical vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, witches and others. A very different concept with characters that have depth. You will not regret reading it. It's funny, emotional, witty and filled intrigue. The whole series is amazing. The characters, their relationships and the main intrigue is ever-evolving. I was not able to put the books down until I was finished.

Nevermore
Nevermore
by Kelly Creagh
Price: CDN$ 14.43
44 used & new from CDN$ 0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Can this get any better!!!!, June 17 2011
This review is from: Nevermore (Hardcover)
I've just always loved Edgar Allan Poe. I was just so pleased to find Alone in the book! WOW.
The concept is new, a little on the twilight side... Cliché of the good beautiful girl meets mysterious boy-hunk.
The alternative reality is morbid and terrible with nightmarish creatures which I loved!
The Poe world integrated to perfection in a novel following the mysteries of the life of the poet. Just great.
Do read!

Infinity: Chronicles of Nick
Infinity: Chronicles of Nick
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Kenyon book, June 17 2011
I really liked the story! Nick is a teen with a REAL teenager attitude of someone who is raised by a single mother. The way he mouths if just hilarious. I will definetly start reading the Dark Hunters series. It's a certainty. Right after I'm done reading Invinsible...

Dead Reckoning: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Dead Reckoning: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
by Charlaine Harris
Price: CDN$ 20.38
108 used & new from CDN$ 0.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Majorly deceiving., June 17 2011
I'm a SOOKCRAZIACK and I was reading the book with SOOOO much enthrallment until I got 90 pages in. I just could not believe that the story just did not get anywhere. I sure don't want Bill back... And Eric??? What the heck was that? Almost no interaction between them, talk about a bust.
I like the inside story of the Fae who are stuck on this side of the mirror but it could have been exploited a little further.

Don't even buy it. Wait til a friend lends it to you or get it from the public library. NOT WORTH THAT KIND OF MONEY.

(Hit List) Laurell K. Hamilton An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel
(Hit List) Laurell K. Hamilton An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel
by Laurell K. Hamilton
Price: CDN$ 26.00
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars it's getting long..., June 17 2011
Really appreciated having Edward in the story again but while reading Hit List, you're wondering if Hamilton hasn't created this many secondary characters just to have the opportunity to expand on them with each new book. The plot was very ordinary, there is nothing on the connection with Jean-Claude, Richard or the rest of the boys. At least Blake finds a replacement for Haven.
If it wasn't for the Olaf seed planted in the story, I would have thought this one to be the last.

Pale Demon (The Hollows, Book 9)
Pale Demon (The Hollows, Book 9)
by Kim Harrison
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, March 11 2011
Rachel Morgan finally kicks major butt and of course gets in trouble while doing good deeds. The Trenton-Rachel relationship is evolving. I just hope Harrison will give us more of their spats in the next novel. A very good read with the group of our favorite characters travelling west towards California. Mystery, enigmas, trouble, lots of ups and downs. Do enjoy!

The Immortal Highlander
The Immortal Highlander
by Karen Marie Moning
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
97 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ohhhh Adaman!, March 11 2011
After reading the Fever series, this one was my first of the Highlanders. Oh My God. I really loved the story, the characters and the way it is written. You always get the two main characters' side of the story and the action is non-stop, so's the romance. The way it all builds up... A MUST READ! Nothing compared to Gabaldon's Jamie. Adaman is the man.

Faefever: Fever Series Book 3
Faefever: Fever Series Book 3
by Karen Marie Moning
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.54
99 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fae Crazy!, Jan. 30 2011
If anyone wants a fantastic series, THIS is IT! The fever series are amazing. From beginning to end, the characters' evolution is constant, the plot deepends as the story continues, the end is... Noo, ain't going to tell you. Read it all!

Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, Creatures of Forever
Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, Creatures of Forever
by Christopher Pike
Price: CDN$ 11.69
114 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Thirst 2: Sita's new beginning, Jan. 30 2011
Not bad for a sequel which was waited for. I really like the concept and the plot is good. Kinda wish Sita would show more of her strenght and combativeness from the 1st book but...