Profile for J. Mason > Reviews

Content by J. Mason

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

J. Mason "Old dog" (Arnprior, ON Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Dead Angler (Loon Lake Fishing Mystery)
Dead Angler (Loon Lake Fishing Mystery)
Price: CDN$ 6.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the fly fishing!, July 15 2014
I did enjoy this book and will read the next one. The characters where easy to understand and I could relate to the tension between the main character, Paul and the struggle he with his daughter. This part of the book was handled well. I love the challenge of solving a mystery, but with this book I realized to soon who the guilty person was. Therefore 4 stars. Even though I had worked out the main plot and the subplot I kept reading as I enjoyed the story.

3 a.m.
3 a.m.
Price: CDN$ 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars What an enjoyable read., July 3 2014
This review is from: 3 a.m. (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this story but wished it had more flesh on its bones which made it a 4 star instead of a 5. It engaged my emotions by making me worry not so much for the main character, but about his father and Lassie. I think you would get more from this read if you have lived with a cat, as the conversations with Lassie where excellent and would be more understandable. I will read other books from this author as I enjoyed his story telling.

Murder at the Manse (The Falconer Files Book 5)
Murder at the Manse (The Falconer Files Book 5)
Price: CDN$ 3.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Preditable!, June 28 2014
I would have loved to give this book the five stars as this is a wonderful series, but this book let me down. I enjoy a mystery where I need to work at solving the crime. This book I felt let me down in this regard as the murderer was obvious from the moment the character was introduced. With this said I did enjoy learning more about Falconers past. I gave this three stars for the pleasure of reading the interaction between the two detectives and the family pets. I think this series is enjoyed more by reading the book in the order they where written.

Death Comes to Town (A Darcy Sweet Cozy Mystery Book 1)
Death Comes to Town (A Darcy Sweet Cozy Mystery Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing read., May 13 2014
The story outline sounded great, a bookstore, a ghost and a sister who is a detective. Unfortunately this book did not deliver enough detail to flesh out the story. I found the characters one dimensional and they did not capture my attention or my emotions. I enjoy a mystery that keeps me guessing. This mystery was so easy to solve it was a disappointment. The first star is for a book without violent over the top detail and no foul language. The last star is for Smudge the cat which saved this book from the rubbish bin.

Death of an Old Git (The Falconer Files Book 1)
Death of an Old Git (The Falconer Files Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 1.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A good Britsh Mystery., April 16 2014
The police officers in this book make it a very enjoyable read. As they have been newly partnered together , we have the chance to see two very different personalities try to work together. This adds to the interesting village mystery. I was able to solve the who did it quite easily but it not deter me from finishing this book. I really needed to understand the why. I was not let down by the ending and will continue to follow this series.

Lethal Bayou Beauty (A Miss Fortune Mystery Book 2)
Lethal Bayou Beauty (A Miss Fortune Mystery Book 2)
Price: CDN$ 6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud fun., April 16 2014
This book like the first the other Ms. Fortune Mystery books gave me a very enjoyable read. I love the engaging personalities in this series and the problems they find themselves in. This is the type of book my husband loves me to read as I laugh out loud and it is a sound he does not often here from me. I will continue to follow this series and I recommend that it is read in the order that it has been written in.

In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003
In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003
Price: CDN$ 17.73
49 used & new from CDN$ 1.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music., May 21 2013
This CD is our #1 pick for diversity of song choices. The group is one of our favorites to listen to but some of there music can be very sombre. This album gives you an emotional ride that will keep you thinking long after the music has stopped.

The Cadaver Game
The Cadaver Game
by Kate Ellis
Price: CDN$ 12.79
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Ms. Ellis bext work., May 21 2013
This review is from: The Cadaver Game (Paperback)
What I love about this series is the mix of the past events with the present. This book I felt did not deliver on the present. If I had not read the books before this one I would not have understood many of the characters. It was easy to determine the murderer within the first few chapters. I found this book lacked the drama I like to hold my attention.

Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum 15ml
Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum 15ml
Price: CDN$ 17.94
5 used & new from CDN$ 17.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., May 21 2013
I am happy that this product absorbs so quickly without leaving a residue. I have sensitve skin and this did not irritate me.

Andis 21420 Pro-Animal Detachable Ceramic Blade Clipper Kit
Andis 21420 Pro-Animal Detachable Ceramic Blade Clipper Kit
Price: CDN$ 80.45
16 used & new from CDN$ 72.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Some what dissapointing., May 21 2013
I like the quiet running of these clippers but was upstet that I had to stop every 10 minutes as they where to warm to handle in my hand. The blade stayed cool but the purple body of these clippers became uncomfortable and gave off a burning electric smell. When this happened I turned them off and let them cool down. When I got back to work it continued to happen. On the positive side my pup did not become nervous with these clippers.

Page: 1 | 2