Profile for killgirl > Reviews

Content by killgirl

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

killgirl "killgirl" (Oakland, CA USA)

2001 Mtv Unplugged No. 2.0
2001 Mtv Unplugged No. 2.0
Price: CDN$ 16.09
38 used & new from CDN$ 4.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be amazing, if she could keep her chat to a minimum., April 9 2003
This album aggravates me to no end. Maybe it's because I feel the need to compare it to 'the miseducation of lauryn hill', or maybe it's because her throwing in her high-as-hell opinions and rambling thoughts between and during songs hits a bad itch with me.
The rambling and opinion Ms Hill expresses in this album make me cringe. She sounds like a go-nowhere pothead, like she's inflicting her thoughts and need to talk on you and it's nothing very particularly interesting. It makes me want her to get on with the music.
The songs are good, but to me, it's not worth the frustration of her unqualified commentary.

Chant Down Babylon Bob Marley
Chant Down Babylon Bob Marley
Price: CDN$ 14.15
40 used & new from CDN$ 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The Seamless Merging of Reggae and Hip Hop, Jan. 18 2002
This is the album that you'll always be up to listening to, you'll never mention it to friends, but somehow it will randomly come up and you'll realize that every single one of your friends owns a copy. One of my friends, coincidently, left a copy in my car for about a week and I couldn't take it out of the player. I should explain, now, that I am notorious for changing the cd every 2 songs or so, so for me to leave this CD in repeating for a week is really something else. It's a great album.

Chocolate and Cheese
Chocolate and Cheese
Price: CDN$ 15.72
24 used & new from CDN$ 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars my personals ad, Jan. 17 2002
This review is from: Chocolate and Cheese (Audio CD)
I want a man that appriciates the sentimintal and creative values of Ween's Chocolate and Cheese album. There is nothing better than Morcheeba & Pot, except for this album and any narcotic of choice. Sobriety is even blissful in its essence.
How could you possibly pass up such classics as "Mister, would you please help my pony" which sounds amazingly similar to "Mister, Would you please hump my pony", and old time favorites reminicing about the cajun land such as "Voodoo Lady".
This is a must for any serious offbeat collector.

Rule of the Bone: Novel, A
Rule of the Bone: Novel, A
by Russell Banks
72 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Carribean Youth In Revolt, Jan. 17 2002
This is right up there with the Perks of Being a Wallflower and Youth In Revolt. A more tropical and drug oriented story, this flows smoothly and quickly and rarely looses your attention. Well worth the money.