Profile for Linda J. White > Reviews

Content by Linda J. White

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Linda J. White

We Need To Talk About Kevin: A Novel
We Need To Talk About Kevin: A Novel
by Lionel Shriver
Price: CDN$ 14.43
101 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, April 3 2012
I am a counsellor, so the dynamics of a relationship are always of interest to me, but the story told in this novel would appeal to anyone who has ever had a child or has ever been interested in children. The characters were believable, and you cared about them. Although you knew going in how the story would end, the author built in some surprises for the reader. I had taken it to a resort holiday thinking it would be light reading, but I could not put it down. I have no intention of seeing the movie because the most important parts, in my opinion, were the dialogues in the narrator's head and I fear Hollywood would dramatize those thoughts. I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed reading this book and I have recommended it to several friends who read.

Five Corners [Import]
Five Corners [Import]
DVD ~ Jodie Foster
Price: CDN$ 10.86
7 used & new from CDN$ 5.20

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Five Corners - excellent movie, excellent product., April 3 2012
This review is from: Five Corners [Import] (DVD)
I love this movie but had lost my copy. It never plays on tv, Netflix doesn't have it, so I ordered it from Amazon. It came when expected, the copy was flawless and the price was right.