Profile for Tom West > Reviews

Content by Tom West

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tom West (Toronto, ON Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
[Sealed Nokia Retail Package ] Nokia 2720 5310 XPressMusic 860 mAh Li-Ion Battery - Cell Phone Lithium Battery
Offered by Decrescent
Price: CDN$ 15.64
5 used & new from CDN$ 15.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, Aug. 10 2013
They seem to be charging to a comparable level to fresh batteries, so I would purchased again if necessary. Recommended.

Finale PrintMusic 2011
Finale PrintMusic 2011
4 used & new from CDN$ 186.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for my son, June 27 2013
This review is from: Finale PrintMusic 2011 (CD-ROM)
Who gave it 5 stars when asked. I don't think he uses the advanced features, but he's had no crashes or great frustrations, so it works for him.

Panasonic KXTG4114CB DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Four Handset Cordless Phone
Panasonic KXTG4114CB DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Four Handset Cordless Phone
Offered by E-TRONIX
Price: CDN$ 139.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very nicely, June 27 2013
Does everything required. Only quibble - display fits 8 numbers across, so 10 digit dialing causes the numbers to wrap to second line. No big deal though.

Logitech Speaker System Z623
Logitech Speaker System Z623
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 190.32
19 used & new from CDN$ 168.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for connection to electric piano, June 27 2013
I find the bass a little over the top, but my sons are the piano players and simply love it. It's in the basement on a concrete floor and you can still feel just it two floors up when they get silly and up the Bass to near max.

When I demand the bass be turned down, the tone really is quite lovely and it gets 5 stars from my sons.

Learning Perl
Learning Perl
by Randal L. Schwartz
Price: CDN$ 26.30
46 used & new from CDN$ 25.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to Perl, June 27 2013
This review is from: Learning Perl (Paperback)
especially for someone who's been programming for a while. It is a read-through book rather than a reference work, which is good because Perl is different enough that it's easy to miss how it differs from the standard languages like Java, C, etc.

Honeywell H10C Digital Humidity/Temperature Indicator
Honeywell H10C Digital Humidity/Temperature Indicator
Price: CDN$ 16.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely - easy to read., June 27 2013
You need a decent thermometer and humidity gauge? This is it.

I would have preferred the temperature and humidity sizes reversed, but temperature is still readable from 4-5' away.

HIC Brands that Cook 11-3/4-by-7-1/2-Inch Broiler Rack
HIC Brands that Cook 11-3/4-by-7-1/2-Inch Broiler Rack
6 used & new from CDN$ 17.96

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, April 30 2012
What more can be said? Cleans easily. Nicely fits my 9 x 13 roasting pan. One of the only racks of its size I was able to find. Recommended.

Digital Signal Processing: A Practical Guide for Engineers and Scientists
Digital Signal Processing: A Practical Guide for Engineers and Scientists
by Steven Smith
37 used & new from CDN$ 52.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly suited for the "lay-man", April 30 2012
I found this book ideally aimed at my level of expertise (computer science background with a touch of physics). The book was practical (not a huge amount of derivation) & the diagrams clear.

I also really appreciated the PDFs being available for free on-line. On the basis of the first 4 chapters, I purchased the book.

Recommended.

Windows 7: The Missing Manual
Windows 7: The Missing Manual
by David Pogue
Price: CDN$ 26.30
39 used & new from CDN$ 26.30

4.0 out of 5 stars A good solid introduction to Windows 7, Nov. 14 2011
I'm a little more technically oriented than the target market, but I found "Windows 7: The Missing Manual" provides a quite decent amount of technical background to make this book well worth reading. It worked (for me) as something to read when I had spare time rather than a reference, where I'd want a level of detail provided by Internet articles or, in several cases, "Windows 7 Annoyances".

By giving a good solid overview of Windows 7 features, it introduced me to a number of useful features I'd have otherwise skipped.

GTMax High Capacity InfoLithium NP-FG1 Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery for Sony Cyber-shot Series
4 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as advertised, Nov. 14 2011
Hm. Hard to find 20 words - the price was cheap, the product seems entirely reliable, I am a well satisfied customer.

Page: 1 | 2