Profile for teat3atea > Reviews

Content by teat3atea

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

teat3atea

Zojirushi SL-NCE09 Ms. Bento Vacuum Lunch Jar in Stainless Steel
Zojirushi SL-NCE09 Ms. Bento Vacuum Lunch Jar in Stainless Steel
Price: CDN$ 55.14
8 used & new from CDN$ 39.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy, hearty lunch every day!, July 18 2012
Bought this for my boyfriend so that he can have something hot to eat on colder days without having to have to use microwave.
Both he and I are very happy with the purchase as it performs remarkably well compared to conventional lunchbox or plastic tupperwares!

I usually pack everything the night before since we tend to have left overs from dinner, the next morning I microwave the containers (all three containers are microwave-safe, but the lids) for about 30 seconds each, pack away everything around 8am, and my boyfriend claims that the food is still hot around 1pm. The food is not scorching hot but hot enough that no microwaving is needed, which is just what we need.

All three containers and their lids, and silicone bands that are detachable from the container lids can be washed in a dishwasher.

I know some have claimed that the oil residue is hard to clean and I have experienced the same too at several occasions; the simple solution is to use a yarn dishcloth, not sponge or dishwasher, with a tiny bit of dishwasher soap to wash off the residue and the stickiness can be easily removed. This can be done in the matter of 5 minutes and then simply let everything dry for the next use.

One other key is knowing the right container for the type of food you put in: bottom is for soup/liquid as a liquid-sealing lid ensures no leakage; the biggest container in the middle is for main carbs such as rice, noodle or bread; and the smallest top container is for drier food like meat, egg and veggies.
I have been packing lunch with Ms. Bento for over half a year now but never have I had him complain about leakage following these simple steps.
Having to have to pack a variety of items may sound bothersome to some, but trust me you will get used to it and more than anything you can ensure that your loved ones or yourself are getting nutritious and additives/preservative free lunch every day!
Every since I started packing lunch with this lunch jar, my boyfriend never looks back to his take-out lunches and instant meals.
This makes me, my boyfriend's body, and our wallets very happy;)

Zojirushi SM-AFE50BF Tuff Mug 17 ounce Clear Black
Zojirushi SM-AFE50BF Tuff Mug 17 ounce Clear Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy this if you drink lots of TEA!, Oct. 22 2011
The quality of this handy mug is simply outstanding.
For a mere $20, I can carry around my favorite teas with me everywhere I go without experience ANY LEAKAGE, which is the most important aspect I look for in a thermos. As a big tea drinker, I wanted a stylish thermos that can contain more than 300-something ml and I've tried many similar items from S---bucks to B-dum to other higher-end expensive ones, all of which just didn't live up to my expectations and the prices I paid for them.
Another great thing is that, not to mention it keeps my drink warm for more than 6-7 hours, it has a bigger mouth opening where I can sip the content directly out of the thermos. I've always been scared of drinking out of a thermos or even most coffee shop cups with small opening, thinking that I'd burn myself (and I indeed have in many occasions) but my worries are gone with this particular mug since I no longer have to worry about unexpected amount of scorching hot drink spurring out of it.
Last but not least, I am so surprised how LIGHT this mug is! Really makes it effortless to carry around:)