Profile for Addictedtokaos > Reviews

Content by Addictedtokaos

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Addictedtokaos

Kuvings Silent Juicer SC Series With Detachable Smart Cap Black
Kuvings Silent Juicer SC Series With Detachable Smart Cap Black
Offered by Raw Nutrition
Price: CDN$ 379.00

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, April 2 2014
Been using this juicer every other day for about 5 months now. No issues. Easy to clean.

I went with this style due to research in juicers Ive done. Not to say one style is better, I just thought this style would suit out needs better, being quite. I also like the smart cap allows you to measure how much of certain green/veggie just you have or added.

Its also nice to have the option for add-on like the frozen desert addon Kuvings offers.

And in all honesty, we feel better and are getting sick (cold/flu) less and symptoms seem to go away faster. For example I used to get knocked out by a flu for a few days before juicing greens/veggies. Since juicing, symptoms are minor and usually only last a day or 2 at most. Well see by next winter how it goes.

Yes, I have recommended this Juicer to friends and family. They have bought one and are just as happy.

Plus, customer service was great. I broke the smart cap, they asked the usual info and sent out a replacement right away.

If anything changes I will be sure to update my review.

Startech.Com MUYHSMFF Muyhsmff 3.5 mm 4-Pin to 2X 3-Pin 3.5 mm Headset Splitter Adapter-M/F
Price: CDN$ 9.68
28 used & new from CDN$ 6.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a bit but now its garbage *Design flaw*, March 7 2014
***Design flaw***
After taking my broken adapter apart I can see what is going wrong with these. There a small wafer board where it splits into a "Y". All the connections meet there and either they having production issues with cold solder joints or the small amount of bending cause the solder joints to break. Either way the design allows for very minimal flexibility eventually leading to it breaking. Look for the "white" version that uses a box to separate the jacks rather than the Y Split, it appears to be the improved version and this is the older version with design flaw. If the white version looks to bulky for your needs there is also a Sennheiser PCV 05 Audio Combo Adapter that doesnt appear to use solid connections between the audio input and output jacks

***Update 04/14/2014***

Worked for a while but now im getting a connection issue with my left side. Its not like I disconnect/reconnect the adapter all that much. Not impressed and now a waste of money. This did work really well with my Xbox One Headset adapter until it got flaky. Ordered a Headset Buddy hoping they build quality is better.

***Original review***
Use it for my Xbox One Headset adapter. 1 sides puts out stereo audio, the other is a mic in. Just be aware for my personal boom mic to work with Xbox (360 and ONE) I had to make a crossover adapter that reverse the stereo leads.

Infernal Innovations' Mountster SR -New Headrest Tablet Mount for Car - Adjustable Headrest Mount for iPad 4/iPad Mini/Samsung Galaxy/Kindle Fire ++ - Swivels to Allow Middle Passenger to See Screen! - Car Tablet Holder
Offered by standbyon (18 - 26 business days delivery)
Price: CDN$ 52.79
5 used & new from CDN$ 52.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mounts for tables, March 7 2014
I picked up 2 of these for travelling with the kids on long trips. They install easy. They are sturdy and work well. Use clamps vertically for larger tables (10") and horizontally for smaller (7")

Would recommend to a friend.

Xbox One Console - Day One Edition
Xbox One Console - Day One Edition
Offered by BEARDOS BAZAAR
Price: CDN$ 674.49
9 used & new from CDN$ 668.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A little buggy and gameless at launch but overall an AWESOME system!, Nov. 15 2013
I will admit the first few months of XBOX ONE was interesting. Since March Update there has been huge improvements. Big titles like TitanFall are just around the corner, plus you can get game bundles now. Now is the time to buy this baby!

Bulldog Natural Skincare Bulldog Original Face Scrub 3.3 Oz
Bulldog Natural Skincare Bulldog Original Face Scrub 3.3 Oz
Offered by Maple Leaf Naturals
Price: CDN$ 12.12
6 used & new from CDN$ 9.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Sept. 13 2013
Been looking for a good a scrub. It Smells good without being perfumy. Its gritty enough that it feels like its working. Its not too watery like others over tried. I feel like I get a cleaner shave and my complexion seems to have improved now that I've been using it for a few weeks.

I really enjoy using this scrub and hope they continue to make it.

Cuisinox Rotary Cheese Grater, Stainless Steel
Cuisinox Rotary Cheese Grater, Stainless Steel
Offered by Cuisibella
Price: CDN$ 22.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't broke yet. Does what its supposed to do., Sept. 13 2013
We use this all the time for Parmesan cheese. Easy to use, easy to clean and built well. I've even used it to grate almonds.

Only wish it was a little more compact to store in our cluttered drawers.;-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Must be the best instant read thermometer in this price range, Sept. 13 2013
Its shock proof, water resistant, and reads the temp accurately in 6 seconds. Display is a good size and easy enough to read.

Don't waste your time or money on the instant read thermometers you can get at CT or similar hardware stores. I bought one for the same price at CT and it takes 25-30 seconds to read the temp.

You want to know if your meats are cooked to your preference then get this digital thermometer.

Levana LV-TW501 Safe N See Digital Video Baby Monitor with Talk-to-Baby Intercom and Lullaby Control
Price: CDN$ 169.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 169.99

1.0 out of 5 stars rechargeable battery packs last less than 6 months., Jan. 12 2012
After much reviewing I bought this unit as I felt it had the most features to offer and plus we loved our previous levana babyview monitor, we just found the VOX was not sensitive enough with no way to adjust it. This one offered many more option plus the ability to adjust the VOX and supposedly "added" range.

Well, to start when we brought the monitor to my parents camp and went to leave our daughter (2yrs) at our sleep trailer we found out that it actually has less range than the older babyview version which would get some reception down by the lake. They claim you get 450ft vs 150ft with the old unit, again this is not true. I would say 150 ft is safe.

Also, the video will freeze if you leave it on too long. When we contacted tech support they told my wife to take it off the dock to fix the video feed and supposedly its a know issue.

The battery is also dead already. We only get 10-15 minutes of use before it starts indicating to charge the unit. 1hr of the base and its dead. Levana is sending us a new battery.

Update:
The rechargable batteries this company uses are horrible. We are on our second replacement pack and its dead already. Basically it will charge and only last 10-20 minutes now between charges.

Cuisinart CSB-76RC Smart Stick® Hand Blender - Red
Cuisinart CSB-76RC Smart Stick® Hand Blender - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily one of the best blender for the price! Dont hesitate to buy!, Jan. 12 2012
I bought this for my wife for Christmas but ended up giving it to her early since she was wanting to make baby for for our six month old son.

Since then we love the thing. Powerful, fast, and extremely easy to clean up.

Baby food takes us literally 5 minutes. Take some of our meal that is safe for baby to eat and put in cup, add some water, blend. You now have baby food that you know what your kid is eating! Then for clean up, disconnect the blade portion and spray/rinse with water. We rarely have to "wash" the blade/shaft but do for sanitary reasons.

Smoothies. We love smoothies but before with a old standard blender we would always have issues with 1)everything getting blended 2)clean-up, 3) did I mention clean up! Now toss what you want in the cup, blend! DONE! Its faster to make multiple smoothies than it was to make one batch with the older type blender.

Heck, I even tried it for making waffle batter the other morning and it did a pretty good job!

Wabash Valley Farms Whirley Pop Popcorn Popper - Red
Wabash Valley Farms Whirley Pop Popcorn Popper - Red
Offered by grabthesale
Price: CDN$ 63.81
2 used & new from CDN$ 63.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Popcorn, but will you remember it 20 years from now!, Jan. 12 2012
I have to admit, this thing does make the best home made popcorn Ive (and others) have had. The HUGE issue with this device is the Aluminum pot. I dont understand how a company this day and age still produces aluminum cookware.

And the sad thing is if I would have done my research and not purchased this during the Christmas rush, I would have seen that there are other companies that make IDENTICAL units with Stainless steel!