Profile for Kenaz Filan > Reviews

Content by Kenaz Filan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kenaz Filan (New York, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Astrologickal Magick P
Astrologickal Magick P
by Daniels
Price: CDN$ 18.17
17 used & new from CDN$ 4.63

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best of a Very Small Class, Nov. 17 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Astrologickal Magick P (Paperback)
The information contained in this book is generally excellent; I was less enthused by the writing. The organization is at times confusing, and Daniels frequently seems to be trying very hard to maintain a "jokey" or "jovial" tone. Alas, nothing is worse than a joke which falls flat.
Still, this is probably the best book on the subject for those who want to incorporate astrology into their magical practices. (The best, at least, until I finish my own book on the subject :) ). I've got a good grasp of astrology and I discovered a few things here I didn't know yet. If you're a Wiccan or Ceremonial Magician and you want to get a basic introduction to astrology from someone who is both an astrologer and a practicing magician, this is definitely a solid read. As I said, the layout and the writing are sometimes lacking ... but it's still a worthwhile book. As Daniels rightly points out, today many astrologers are trying to become "scientists" and shying away from the amulets and talismans which were such an important historical part of astrology. Kudos to Ms. Daniels for bringing astrology back to its roots :)

Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand
Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand
by Eugenie Bird
Price: CDN$ 30.87
25 used & new from CDN$ 19.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly Beautiful, Nov. 14 2002
The illustrations in this book are absolutely gorgeous; this is one of the most stunning coffee table books I've ever seen. Since I am not acquainted with the world of couture, I can't tell you how well it succeeds as a send-up of high fashion catalogues. (I've gathered that there are many "in-jokes" within the text: I didn't get them, but it didn't hinder my enjoyment of this in the least).
This isn't just a book, it's a work of art. Highly, highly recommended.

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX for Windows and Macintosh: Visual QuickStart Guide
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX for Windows and Macintosh: Visual QuickStart Guide
by J. Tarin Towers
Price: CDN$ 21.59
35 used & new from CDN$ 0.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money..., Nov. 4 2002
The information contained in this book is all available in the tutorials which come with the program. What's more, it is laid out in such a confusing way that it is next to useless. I'm going to check out Macromedia's *Dreamweaver from the Source* -- I was very impressed with their Freehand guide. As for this book, all I can say is "read the title ... and save your money."

by Tony Roame
16 used & new from CDN$ 8.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to Freehand, Oct. 21 2002
When I purchased this book, I had no experience with Freehand or with any other vector-based graphics program. After the first five chapters, I'm already producing impressive-looking art for my website. Freehand has a pretty steep learning curve, but if you read this book and go through the tutorials, you'll be surprised at how quickly you learn the program.
Based on this book, I definitely plan to check out the rest of Macromedia's "Training from the Source" series.

by Tony Roame
16 used & new from CDN$ 8.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to Freehand, Oct. 21 2002
When I purchased this book, I had no experience with Freehand or with any other vector-based graphics program. After the first five chapters, I'm already producing impressive-looking art for my website. Freehnad has a pretty steep learning curve, but if you read this book and go through the tutorials, you'll be surprised at how quickly you learn the program.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3